The following is a list of updates and events that happened in RuneScape in 2000.
- 28th - Added Staff.
- 28th - Added Mace.
- 28th - Now support different coloured skin.
- 27th - Added lots more NPCS.
- 27th - Balanced rewards and item costs.
- 27th - Added chainmail body.
- 27th - Fixed Double-Handed weapons.
- 27th - Added Terms of Condition to the start of the game.
- 27th - Fixed Floating object bug.
- 26th - Started to write instructions.
- 26th - Added Fighting Bear.
- 26th - Added Square Shield.
- 25th - Redesigned website.
- 1st - Fixed vanishing doors bug.
- 1st - Fixed bug in quest compiling code.
- 1st - Wrote improved quest verifier and fixed a few mistakes.
- 1st - The Romeo and Juliet quest was released.
- 30th - Added new spell: Confuse.
- 30th - Modified stats now slowly regenerate towards normal levels.
- 30th - Added new spell: Chill bolt.
- 30th - Added new spell: Burst of strength.
- 30th - Added new spell: Shock bolt.
- 30th - Added new spell: Camoflauge.
- 29th - Added 5 new script commands for controlling player stats.
- 29th - Added new spell: Thick skin.
- 28th - Game now loads more quickly and reliably.
- 28th - Client now adjusts move speed to stay better synced with server.
- 28th - Fixed occasional misread mouse clicks problem.
- 28th - Actions now give instant colour coded feedback.
- 28th - Fixed several minor bugs.
- 28th - Added support for recoloured objects.
- 28th - Added new location: Ruined village.
- 3rd - Added range check to projectile combat.
- 2nd - Non-square locations can now be rotated in the editor.
- 2nd - Gates now work properly.
- 2nd - Diagonal doors now work properly.
- 2nd - Fixed some obscure route finding problems.
- 1st - Improved camera motion.
- 31st - Projectile combat now works.
- 31st - Adjusted mouse button assignments.
- 27th - Added new rat monster.
- 27th - Added cupboards, gates, signposts, sacks, bookcases etc...
- 26th - Improved combat, can now choose from 4 fighting modes
- 26th - Added in skill advancement.
- 25th - Fixed trading mode bug, walking around now exits the trade.
- 25th - Big AI improvements. Npcs now have 5 different behaviour modes.
- 25th - Aggressive monsters now attack when you approach.
- 25th - Injured monsters will now run away.
Source for updates
- Source October/November. (Archived from the original on 06:02, December 29, 2012 (UTC).)*
- Source November/December. (Archived from the original on 06:02, December 29, 2012 (UTC).)*
Old School RuneScape timeline
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.