The following is a list of updates and events that happened in RuneScape in 2001.
- 25th - 2001 Christmas event: Christmas crackers containing Partyhats were dropped.
- 19th - Latest RuneScape News (19 December 2001)
- 8th - Latest RuneScape News (8 December 2001)
- 31st - 2001 Hallowe'en event: Pumpkins were dropped, marking the first holiday event.
- 5th - Premium RuneScape service coming soon!
- 23rd - Dragon quest online!
- 18th - Kill stealing bug fixed
- 18th - Lots of small improvements (18 August 2001)
- 15th - Website updated
- 13th - A few bugs fixed
- 13th - Stats menu now shows XP
- 13th - Wilderness system online
- 26th - Runescape updated (26 July 2001)
- 17th - 5th RuneScape server online
- 13th - Andrew's guide to not losing your password
- 12th - Improved prayer system and more!
- 24th - Updated world map (24 June 2001)
- 23rd - More runescape bugs fixed
- 23rd - New tailoring ability
- 20th - New password recovery system
- 12th - Lots of minor fixes and tweaks
- 12th - Updated world map
- 11th - New fishing skill and more cooking
- 11th - The island of Karamja is open
- 28th - Completed quests list
- 27th - Sorry for recent server problems
- 26th - Prayers last 50% percent longer
- 25th - 4th Runescape server online
- 24th - 4th RuneScape server ordered
- 24th - New magic system online!
- 24th - Pop up windows removed
- 24th - Runescape updated (24 May 2001)
- 21st - Updated FAQ
- 10th - Lots of small improvements (10 May 2001)
- 9th - 3rd runescape server online
- 8th - Runescape updated (8 May 2001)
- 5th - 3rd Runescape server on the way
- 3rd - Proposed new system - vote now!
- 13th - Server status page, my-friends, and password recovery pages
- 11th - Asgarnia map online
- 10th - Server fixed + message boards online
- 7th - Server problems
- 6th - Massive update!
- 28th - Yet another new quest, and new options menu
- 16th - New quest, and more fixes
- 13th - More RuneScape updates
- 7th - Newsletter 2
- 7th - RuneScape now works on NetScape 6
- 5th - New section of sewer opened
- 30th - Further combat improvements
- 28th - New Quest: Vampire Slayer
- 27th - Lots of improvements to the game
- 25th - 'Super strength Beer cheat' fixed
- 21th - Newsletter 1
- 4th - Runescape beta is now online!
- 3rd - Smithing and Mining were made more difficult
- 2nd - New skill: Smithing
- 2nd - New skill: Mining
- 2nd - Can now fight unicorn and chicken
- 2nd - New location: Barbarian Village
- 1st - Optimised torch animation in Dungeon
- 1st - Fixed Man walking into sea bug
- 1st - Server now closes disconnected players sooner to reduce unfair death
- 1st - Improved Applet close Behaviour in Gameshell
- 1st - Fixed Bug - sending more than 1 extra packet
- 1st - Reduced Memory use by another 10 MEG
Old School RuneScape timeline
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.