The following is a list of updates and events that happened in RuneScape in 2004.
- 21st - New Chicago game worlds
- 21st - Santa, Flax and Castlewars
- 21st - The Haunted Mine
- 15th - Changes to Castle Wars
- 15th - New Wallpaper And Updated Map
- 13th - Castle Wars
- 9th - Saradomin Enlightens
- 7th - More Small Changes
- 7th - Winter Website
- 6th - Monkey Madness
- 6th - Various Small Changes.
- 3rd - Even more worlds online!
- 29th - Throne Of Miscellania
- 24th - Amsterdam servers online!
- 24th - Burthorpe Games Room
- 17th - Horror From The Deep
- 17th - World Map Updated 2
- 8th - World Map Wallpaper
- 2nd - The Fremennik Trials
- 1st - Saradomin Preaches
- 27th - RuneScape Classic mass ban
- 27th - The Grand Tree Wallpaper
- 26th - Mage Armour Updated
- 26th - Treasure Trails and Changes
- 18th - Mortton Shades and Mage Armour
- 15th - Monster magic defence bugfix
- 14th - 4 new Dallas worlds added
- 14th - Morytania Expansion
- 11th - The return of Guthix
- 5th - Eadgars Ruse
- 27th - Skills, Duels and the Kalphite
- 22nd - Good things come in Threes
- 20th - Plague City Part 4 Released
- 14th - Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
- 7th - 4 new Atlanta worlds added
- 7th - Situation in the Sands
- 4th - Uk servers outage (fixed)
- 1st - Herblore Additions
- 24th - Friendserver load fixed
- 24th - Troll Stronghold Quest
- 17th - New Zamorak letters page
- 12th - More bandwidth
- 9th - Death Plateau Quest
- 9th - New World Map
- 4th - Website Overhaul
- 3rd - CET servers moved
- 2nd - New Random Events!
- 2nd - Zamorak Deconstructs
- 27th - Agility, Potions and Parties!
- 27th - Please report bugs you find!
- 20th - Quest Journals and Chompy Hats
- 13th - Nature Spirit Quest
- 29th - Easier to rearrange bank
- 29th - Priest In Peril Quest
- 28th - Lots more improvements
- 25th - 3 more game worlds online!
- 23rd - Alternative RuneScape Client
- 21st - Saradomin Illuminates
- 21st - Various tweaks to the game
- 17th - Warning - fake emails
- 16th - Login Server Down (Fixed)
- 14th - New Bug Reporting System
- 14th - New In-Game Player Moderators
- 14th - Special Attacks
- 8th - Agility improved and bug fixes
- 7th - Two new members worlds online
- 2nd - Elemental Workshop Quest
- 1st - Friends List Hiscores
- 1st - New game update system
- 1st - Regarding Lag
- 1st - Saradomin Answers Questions
- 25th - World Map Updated
- 24th - Hiscores Improved
- 21st - UK SMS Telebilling Change
- 18th - Big Chompy Bird Hunting
- 14th - World 17 under repair
- 10th - Dueling changes
- 5th - Bigger Banks & Treasure Trails
- 23rd - Guthix returns...
- 22nd - Completion of systems upgrade
- 22nd - Last chance to move items
- 20th - Enchanting Rings
- 15th - Systems upgrade
- 15th - The Underground Pass
- 14th - Moving items off RS-classic
- 6th - New Event - Tangle Vine
- 1st - Item transfer reminder
- 1st - RuneScape chat improved!
- 1st - US PayByPhone
- 31st - Upcoming RuneScape updates
- 30th - RS-Classic Items Returned
- 29th - RS2 Launched!
- 27th - RS2 - more fixes/changes
- 26th - RS2 now has much less lag
- 25th - RS2 - Duelling and Extras
- 24th - Number of beta servers reduced
- 23rd - RS2 updates
- 22nd - RS2 Tweaks and Fixes
- 18th - Forums reach 1 million posts!
- 17th - RS2 Beta online to free users
- 17th - RS2 Bugfix Update
- 15th - RS2 Music player and fixes
- 9th - RS2 Beta update
- 3rd - RS2 Beta Item test
- 3rd - RS2 Changes and fixes
- 25th - Login Server Downtime (fixed)
- 25th - More RS2 Beta Updates
- 18th - RS1 and RS2 friendlists linked
- 17th - RS2 Beta updated again
- 16th - Official Forums Launched!
- 16th - Targeting Customer Support
- 10th - Bank Notes!
- 10th - More RS2 Quests + Fixes
- 4th - It's your letters!
- 3rd - Important windows update
- 2nd - Huge Runescape 2 update
- 2nd - Password Support
- 2nd - RS2 bugfixes - part 6
- 2nd - RuneScape-2 launch plan B
- 31st - RS2 progress report
- 29th - Important Changes
- 28th - Essential Maintenance
- 28th - Maintenance Continues
- 21st - More RS2 Updates
- 7th - RS2 new features & bug fixes
- 2nd - Happy new year from Jagex
- 2nd - More cheating scum banned
Old School RuneScape timeline
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.