Abbot Langley is an NPC monk who guards the entrance to the Edgeville Monastery. He prevents players with less than 31 Prayer from entering the guild. (This cannot be boosted in any way possible above your current level. Ex. spicy stew to reach 31/26 prayer) He can restore some of the player's hitpoints if they are injured. He can also attach a Sigil to a blessed spirit shield for a fee of 1,500,000 coins.
Players can speak to him with a soft clay, leather boots, and a bowl of hot water to receive a corrupted helm.
He is part of two Cryptic clues:
- 'A bag belt only?', he asked his balding brothers.
- Anger Abbot Langley: You must have a negative prayer bonus to anger him. This is done by having an ancient staff equipped, as it is the only item to give a negative prayer bonus.
- Abbot Langley may be named after Abbots Langley, a village in Hertfordshire about 50 miles (85 km) from Jagex Central.
- Langley doesn't cure poison when he heals you. He differs from a normal attack-able monk in that he has hair and he has a golden necklace.
- Abbot, meaning father, is an ecclesiastical title given to the head of a monastery in various traditions, including Christianity.