The Abyssal Sire is an abyssal demon boss that requires level 85 Slayer to kill, in addition to having assigned abyssal demons (or the Sire itself) by a Slayer master. Although it resides in a multi-combat area, it is a solo-only boss.
According to The Overseer, the Abyssal Sires are the engineers of the Abyss from a time before the God Wars. As their resources began to deplete and they had no means to escape, they constructed the Nexus and remained there in deep stasis.
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for runecrafting. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, and skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
Random events cannot occur in the Sire's chamber; any random events following the player will be automatically dismissed entering appropriate range. Players in invalid tiles when a Sire is dormant will result in teleportation to the center of the chamber.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire reaches 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate the third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 31
Armour & Weapons
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 2 (noted) Uncommon 77,050 Rune sword 3 (noted) Uncommon 36,576 Rune full helm 3 (noted) Uncommon 61,908 Rune kiteshield 2 (noted) Uncommon 64,252 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Uncommon 82,100 Air battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon 53,898 Mystic air staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 50,334 Mystic lava staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 52,558
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 600 (noted) Common 1,200 Coal 380–420 (noted) Common 50,540–55,860 Magic logs 50–70 (noted) Common 51,550–72,170 Earth orb 47–53 (noted) Uncommon 61,664–69,536 Runite bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 62,200 Runite ore 6 (noted) Uncommon 68,532 Grimy kwuarm 25 (noted) Uncommon 31,100 Grimy lantadyme 25 (noted) Uncommon 36,675 Grimy cadantine 25 (noted) Uncommon 39,975 Grimy dwarf weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 12,900
Players have a 5/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 30 Uncommon 3,030 Snapdragon seed 2 Uncommon 118,788 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 107,600 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 93,986 Papaya tree seed 2 Uncommon 3,780 Palm tree seed 2 Uncommon 77,868 Willow seed 2 Uncommon 7,576 Teak seed 2 Uncommon 208 Maple seed 2 Uncommon 60,014 Mahogany seed 2 Uncommon 6,094 Yew seed 2 Rare 143,090 Magic seed 2 Rare 229,174 Spirit seed 2 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chilli potato 10 Common 2,440 Saradomin brew(3) 6 Uncommon 14,934 Super restore(4) 4 Uncommon 42,556
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Cosmic rune 350 Common 46,550 Law rune 250 Uncommon 40,000 Death rune 300–370 Uncommon 64,800–79,920 Soul rune 225–275 Uncommon 33,075–40,425 Blood rune 160–210 Uncommon 54,720–71,820
Players have a 3/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air talisman 1 Rare 73 Water talisman 1 Rare 152 Fire talisman 1 Rare 2,088 Chaos talisman 1 Rare 448 Body talisman 1 Rare 533 Nature talisman 1 Rare 715 Mind talisman 1 Rare 2,828 Earth talisman 1 Rare 298 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 566
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 48,505–52,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 10 Uncommon 82,180 Uncut diamond 15 (noted) Uncommon 41,340 Binding necklace 25 (noted) Uncommon 23,975 Jug of water 250–350 (noted) Uncommon 3,500–4,900 Cannonball 300 Uncommon 43,500 Unsired 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/180) Not sold
Rare drop tableError specify talisman MainRareDropTableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 9,641 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 9,263 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 542 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,440 File:Talisman.png talisman 1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 14,271 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,901 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,575 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 743 Law rune 45 Very rare 7,200 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,720 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,562 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,200 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,552 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,502 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 5,800 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,374 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,126 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,135 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,937 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,509 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,266 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,756 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 825
The Abyssal Sire drops items from the rare drop table in multiples of two.
- The Sire received several updates due to player complaints:
- Shadow spells used to have a 2/3 chance of instantly disorienting the Sire, regardless of the type of spell used. This was changed in an update on 7 April 2016 to the current set of 25, 50, 75 and 100% rates for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage as it was possible to not disorient the Sire with barrage spells which could result in a net loss during the trip.
- Prior to an update on 31 March 2016, there was no warning when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports. As the Sire is able to drop runes for these teleports, subsequent kills can result in casting teleporting spells instead. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage, which made it likely to cause a misclick.
- Prior to an update on 24 August 2017, the respiratory systems would not be affected by the bonus damage and accuracy from an imbued slayer helmet.
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- On release, players who attacked the Sire when it was dormant would end up performing a second attack when it woke up. This was a glitch and was fixed with an update on 22 February 2018.
- ↑ Twitter - 16 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 14 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 13 Nov 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 11 Jan 2016
- ↑ Mod Ronan. "Sire is great and has lots of potential but...." October 5, 2015. Reddit Forums.
• • • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •
• • •
Bloodveld • Insatiable Bloodveld • Mutated Bloodveld • Insatiable mutated Bloodveld • Nechryael (Death spawn) • Greater Nechryael • Nechryarch (Chaotic death spawn) • Abyssal demon • Greater abyssal demon • Abyssal Sire • Cerberus
|God Wars Dungeon|