The Abyssal Sire is an abyssal demon boss that requires level 85 Slayer to kill, in addition to having assigned abyssal demons (or the Sire itself) by a Slayer master. Although it resides in a multi-combat area, it is a solo-only boss.
According to The Overseer, the Abyssal Sires are the engineers of the Abyss from a time before the God Wars. As their resources began to deplete and they had no means to escape, they constructed the Nexus and remained there in deep stasis.
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for runecrafting. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, and skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
Random events cannot occur in the Sire's chamber; any random events following the player will be automatically dismissed entering appropriate range. Players in invalid tiles when a Sire is dormant will result in teleportation to the center of the chamber.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire reaches 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate the third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 37
Armour & Weapons
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 2 (noted) Uncommon 77,032 Rune sword 3 (noted) Uncommon 36,588 Rune full helm 3 (noted) Uncommon 61,863 Rune kiteshield 2 (noted) Uncommon 64,130 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Uncommon 80,300 Air battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon 53,466 Mystic air staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 50,240 Mystic lava staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 52,566
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 600 (noted) Common 1,200 Coal 380–420 (noted) Common 54,340–60,060 Magic logs 50–70 (noted) Common 48,600–68,040 Earth orb 47–53 (noted) Uncommon 64,061–72,239 Runite bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 61,800 Runite ore 6 (noted) Uncommon 67,152 Grimy kwuarm 25 (noted) Uncommon 31,800 Grimy lantadyme 25 (noted) Uncommon 35,300 Grimy cadantine 25 (noted) Uncommon 38,600 Grimy dwarf weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 15,450
Players have a 5/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 30 Uncommon 2,400 Snapdragon seed 2 Uncommon 135,874 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 107,898 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 101,746 Papaya tree seed 2 Uncommon 12,872 Palm tree seed 2 Uncommon 107,208 Willow seed 2 Uncommon 6,824 Teak seed 2 Uncommon 150 Maple seed 2 Uncommon 74,912 Mahogany seed 2 Uncommon 7,404 Yew seed 2 Rare 174,210 Magic seed 2 Rare 285,860 Spirit seed 2 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chilli potato 10 Common 2,090 Saradomin brew(3) 6 Uncommon 18,012 Super restore(4) 4 Uncommon 46,616
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Cosmic rune 350 Common 50,400 Law rune 250 Uncommon 44,750 Death rune 300–370 Uncommon 62,400–76,960 Soul rune 225–275 Uncommon 32,850–40,150 Blood rune 160–210 Uncommon 49,760–65,310
Players have a 3/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air talisman 1 Rare 72 Water talisman 1 Rare 156 Fire talisman 1 Rare 3,979 Chaos talisman 1 Rare 623 Body talisman 1 Rare 750 Nature talisman 1 Rare 924 Mind talisman 1 Rare 4,012 Earth talisman 1 Rare 364 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 721
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 48,505–52,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 10 Uncommon 80,630 Uncut diamond 15 (noted) Uncommon 43,485 Binding necklace 25 (noted) Uncommon 22,925 Jug of water 250–350 (noted) Uncommon 3,750–5,250 Cannonball 300 Uncommon 48,300 Unsired 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/180) Not sold
Rare drop tableError specify talisman MainRareDropTableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 10,309 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 9,740 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 518 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,360 File:Talisman.png talisman 1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 16,147 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,766 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,503 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 703 Law rune 45 Very rare 8,055 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,360 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,982 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,480 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,550 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,707 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 6,100 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,394 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,065 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,140 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,918 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,437 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,871 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,899 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 875
The Abyssal Sire drops items from the rare drop table in multiples of two.
- The Sire received several updates due to player complaints:
- Shadow spells used to have a 2/3 chance of instantly disorienting the Sire, regardless of the type of spell used. This was changed in an update on 7 April 2016 to the current set of 25, 50, 75 and 100% rates for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage as it was possible to not disorient the Sire with barrage spells which could result in a net loss during the trip.
- Prior to an update on 31 March 2016, there was no warning when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports. As the Sire is able to drop runes for these teleports, subsequent kills can result in casting teleporting spells instead. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage, which made it likely to cause a misclick.
- Prior to an update on 24 August 2017, the respiratory systems would not be affected by the bonus damage and accuracy from an imbued slayer helmet.
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- On release, players who attacked the Sire when it was dormant would end up performing a second attack when it woke up. This was a glitch and was fixed with an update on 22 February 2018.
- ↑ Twitter - 16 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 14 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 13 Nov 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 11 Jan 2016
- ↑ Mod Ronan. "Sire is great and has lots of potential but...." October 5, 2015. Reddit Forums.
• • • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •
• • •
Bloodveld • Insatiable Bloodveld • Mutated Bloodveld • Insatiable mutated Bloodveld • Nechryael (Death spawn) • Greater Nechryael • Nechryarch (Chaotic death spawn) • Abyssal demon • Greater abyssal demon • Abyssal Sire • Cerberus
|God Wars Dungeon|