|Location on World Map|
|Lumbridge||←||Al Kharid||→||River Salve|
Al Kharid is a city in the north of the Kharidian Desert. It is the only desert city open to non-members, and players in the city do not suffer from the desert effect. Al Kharid is ruled by the Emir, although the vast majority of the work has been taken over by Chancellor Hassan since the Emir's son was kidnapped.
- From Lumbridge, use the toll gate which costs either 10 coins, or if you have completed the Prince Ali Rescue quest, the gate is free.
- From Varrock, go south via the road alongside the Al Kharid mine.
- Members that have completed The Grand Tree quest can use the gnome glider to travel to and from Al Kharid.
- Members can also use a ring of dueling to teleport to the Duel Arena, just northeast of Al Kharid.
- Members can use an amulet of glory to teleport inside the palace, on the ground floor[ in the southern room. ]
- Members can also get to Al Kharid via the one-way ladder from Zanaris' market area.
- Members can also come from the south via the Shantay Pass.
- Members can use the level 8 Agility shortcut to get to and from Lumbridge Swamp.
Al Kharid's bank is to the southwest of the city. The bank is populated largely by craftsmen, smiths and chefs, largely due to the proximity of the tanner, range and furnace. In the free worlds, it often has many players buying and selling cowhides.
Zeke's Superior Scimitars
You can also ask for a dragon scimitar. If you do this, Zeke makes several puns regarding the Monkey Madness I quest required to buy a dragon scimitar: "The banana-brained nitwits who make them would never sell any to me. Seriously, you'll be a monkey's uncle before you hold a Dragon Scimitar."
Dommik's Crafting Store
- 10 Chisels
- 10 Ring moulds
- 10 Necklace moulds
- 10 Amulet moulds
- 3 Needles
- 100 Thread
- 10 Holy moulds
- 10 Sickle moulds
- 10 Tiara moulds
- 10 Bolt moulds
- 10 Bracelet moulds
Al-Kharid General Store
- 5 Pots
- 2 Jugs
- 5 Empty jug packs
- 2 Shears
- 3 Buckets
- 2 Bowls
- 2 Cake tins
- 3 Tinderboxes
- 2 Chisels
- 5 Hammers
- 5 Newcomer maps
- 5 Security book
The shop is also often well-stocked with recently crafted leather armour.
Louie's Armoured Legs Bazaar
- 5 Bronze platelegs
- 3 Iron platelegs
- 2 Steel platelegs
- 1 Black platelegs
- 1 Mithril platelegs
- 1 Adamant platelegs
Ranael's Super Skirt Store
- 5 Bronze plateskirts
- 3 Iron plateskirts
- 2 Steel plateskirts
- 1 Black plateskirt
- 1 Mithril plateskirt
- 1 Adamant plateskirt
- 1 Uncut sapphires
- 1 Uncut emeralds
- 0 Uncut rubies
- 0 Uncut diamonds
- 1 Sapphires
- 1 Emeralds
- 0 Rubies
- 0 Diamonds
The silk trader near the scimitar shop is a quick and easy way for newer members to gain small amounts of money. If the player is prepared to click through a lengthy dialogue, they can buy silk cheaply (3 coins) which can be sold for a profit at a general store other than the one in Al Kharid.
- Note: If you refuse at the first time, he'll lower the price to 2 coins.
Ali's Discount Wares
Ali Morrisane is found east of the gem trader to the northeast of the city near the blue star quest icon . He sells various items, and once The Feud is completed, he will open various other shops if you set up merchanting opportunities for him.
Talk to him (there is no 'trade' option) and select the "Ya, I'll get to it soon." option. When he asks "...Unless you want to make a small purchase from me first?", select "Ok".
The Sorceress's Garden is found in the southeast of Al Kharid.
Al Kharid mine
The Al Kharid mine is found near the northern entrance to Al Kharid.
The Duel Arena is found northeast of Al Kharid.
- There is a cactus patch on the east side of the city, used in the Farming skill.
- The Fire altar, used in the Runecrafting skill is located just north of the Duel Arena
- There is a furnace north of the bank. It is the fifth closest furnace to a bank in all of RuneScape.
- Prince Ali Rescue may be started by speaking to Chancellor Hassan, who is in the southern room of the palace next to the bank.
- The Feud may be started by speaking to Ali Morrisane at his stall.
- Shadow of the Storm may be started by speaking to Father Reen who is standing south of the bank.