The amulet of the damned is an amulet that provides extra buffs to Barrows equipment. It can be obtained from silver shade chests found in the Shade Catacombs. The amulet has the same bonuses as an amulet of glory.
Like Barrows equipment, it can only be traded when it hasn't been used. It will degrade at the same rate as any other barrows armour, but once it fully degrades, it will turn to dust. It becomes untradeable once it degrades. Players with multiple amulets can combine charges.
Despite being untradeable (once degraded) it isn't kept automatically on death in a "safe" location. Should you die with the amulet, the amulet will turn to dust, making it impossible to recover.
It is also involved in a combat related clue where it may degrade.
The following buffs are granted if a player wears a full Barrows armour set in conjunction with the amulet of the damned. These buffs can trigger at the same time as the armour's set effects.
- Vengeance spell and a ring of recoil to recoil 100% of the damage taken. - Players wearing Dharok's set will have a 25% chance of recoiling 15% of the damage taken. This effect can stack with the
- - Players wearing Verac's set will have an additional +4 Prayer bonus (not counting the amulet's +3).
- Defence increased by 1% for every 1 health missing. - Players wearing Torag's set will have their
- Hitpoints level. - Players wearing Guthan's set will be able to heal 10 hitpoints above their base
- - Players wearing Karil's set will have a 25% chance of dealing two hitsplats. The second hitsplat will deal half the damage of the first hitsplat.
- Ancient Magicks. In addition players will have a 25% chance of dealing a hit with 30% increased damage. - Players wearing Ahrim's set will be able to autocast
- The amulet was originally polled as a drop from K'ril Tsutsaroth in the Old School feature poll #9: God Wars & Banks, where it would absorb a fraction of combat damage from any hitsplat over 15 hitpoints when worn with a full set of Barrows equipment. It gained 61.9% yes votes, 13.1% short of the passing threshold required. The introduction of the amulet was re-polled as a reward from the Shade Catacombs in Old School Content Poll #26, and passed with 75%.
- Interestingly enough, although the amulet seems to be a piece of Barrows equipment, it does not require a Defence level to wear. However, using the amulet without a barrows set is counter productive, since it can simply be substituted for an amulet of glory which will not degrade.
- The amulet is similar to RuneScape 3's Amulet of the forsaken, albeit giving different set effect buffs.