Asgarnian ale is an alcoholic beverage that heals 2 hitpoints, and temporarily increases Strength by 2 at the cost of 4 Attack when drunk. If one decides to become a Squire against Sir Tiffy Cashien's advice during the Wanted! quest, then the only thing that Sir Amik Varze will request is a glass of Asgarnian ale. During the Recipe for Disaster Dwarf subquest, it can be turned into Asgoldian ale by using a coin on it. It is also given to the guard Harold during Death Plateau to get him drunk enough to win against him gambling.
- Brewed by players
- The Rising Sun Inn in Falador - 3 coins
- The Toad and Chicken in Burthorpe - 2 coins from Tostig or free from a spawn on the bar (about every 45 seconds)
- Sam or Rachael in the Burthorpe Games Room - 2 coins
The full recipe for Asgarnian ale is as follows (in the order given):
- 2 Buckets of water
- 2 Barley malt
- (optional) 1 "The stuff", to increase chance of maturity
- 4 Asgarnian hops
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait 1-2 days
- Collect the completed ale using 8 Beer glasses or 2 Calquat kegs.