A Ball of wool is used in the Crafting skill to create jewellery. It can also be used to make some items on a loom. It is created by using wool with a spinning wheel, which grants a player 2.5 Crafting experience. Ned in Draynor Village will exchange four balls of wool for a Rope.
Balls of wool are also the final ingredient in making dynamite, where it acts as the fuse for the dynamite pot. Balls of wool are also used in several quests; Sheep Shearer being the most prominent one, where you need 20 of them.
Balls of wool can also be purchased from the following shops:
- Aemad's Adventuring Supplies in East Ardougne
- Carefree Crafting Stall in Keldagrim's east side
- Hamab's Crafting Emporium in Ape Atoll
- Neitiznot Supplies in Neitiznot
- Lletya Seamstress in Lletya
- Little Munty's Little Shop in Great Kourend's Lovakengj House
- Little Shop of Horace in Great Kourend's Hosidius House
- Logava Gricoller's Cooking Supplies in Great Kourend's Hosidius House
If you're planning on buying Balls of wool from a shop, it's recommended that you buy them from Neitiznot Supplies, as it carries the largest stock of any store and has a bank in the same room.