Bandos, also known as the Big High War God, is the god of War. He is highly aggressive and violent and values things such as loyalty and glory through battle above all else. He seems mostly indifferent to his followers and does not care if most of his armies are wiped out - he fights solely for the sake of battle. Many of his followers seem to obey him out of fear of punishment rather than agreeing with his values, although this is not true for all of them. He has provided his followers with four commandments to live by, reading as follows:
- Not to run from battle. Cowards must die!
- Not to show mercy. Merciful must die!
- Not to doubt Big High War God. Doubters must die!
- Not to make own plans. Thinkers must die!
Bandos arrived in Gielinor around the start of the God Wars, seeking to take part in the imminent conflict. He brought with him several races to fight for him, such as the ogres, the orks, the goblins and the ourgs. It is mainly the descendants of these soldiers that still worship him today. Until recently, Bandos was almost completely forgotten by the humans of Gielinor due to his disappearance after the God Wars.
- The Ancient mace
- The Book of war
- The Bandos godsword
- Bandos armour
- Bandos rune armour
- Bandos dragonhide armour
- Bandos vestment robes
- Most creatures that follow Bandos are strong and stupid. The main exception to this is the goblins, who are just stupid, though they partially make up for their lack in strength with their large numbers.
- Bandos is sometimes referred to as the "Sky Goblin" by the goblins, even though he is not actually a goblin.
- The cave goblins are the descendants of goblins that deserted during the god wars and subsequently went into hiding underground to escape punishment by Bandos.