The Bandos chestplate is a part of the Bandos armour set, which requires 65 Defence to wear. It is dropped by General Graardor and his bodyguards in the God Wars Dungeon. Unlike the other body armours which provide a strength bonus, the Bandos chestplate also has substantial defensive bonuses.
Bandos armour is among the most powerful melee armours in Old School RuneScape. Because it never degrades, it is ideal for melee training, Slayer tasks, and other prolonged combat encounters. Stat-wise, it is comparable to the barrows platebodies, with minor differences.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity General Graardor 624 1 Sergeant Grimspike 142 1 Sergeant Steelwill 142 1 Sergeant Strongstack 141 1
- The inventory sprite for the Bandos chestplate is missing both the shoulder spikes and the sleeve. It also resembles the male version of the chestplate more than the female version.
- A minor graphical error occurs when equipping a skillcape with the Bandos chestplate; the cape's left shoulder piece seems to merge with the chestplate's pauldron.
- The Bandos chestplate does not interfere with Ava's device.
- The Bandos chestplate does not penalise the wearer's magic attack bonus as much as a regular platebody.
- When performing the Hypermobile Drinker emote with the chestplate equipped, the player's left arm will visibly detach from their torso.