The beaver is a skilling pet that can be obtained while training Woodcutting. A strange sound is heard when you obtain the beaver while Woodcutting. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's Woodcutting level, and the time it takes to gather a resource. Chopping ent trunks and bruma roots will not give players a chance to receive this pet.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
When woodcutting, the pet is prioritised over the resource gathered. For example, if there is one last inventory space while woodcutting, and the player already has a pet following them, the pet will appear in the inventory instead, while the log cut will drop to the ground. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Shown below are the base chances of receiving a beaver.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Woodcutting level.
The fastest method on average to receive the beaver is by cutting teak trees, as their ratio of cutting speed to pet chance is by far the highest. This can be made even faster through 2-tick or 3-tick woodcutting.
|Tree||Base chance (B)|
- Player: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Beaver: Approximately 32,768 depending on his woodcutting level.
- The beaver pet is a slightly modified version of the beaver summoning familiar from RS3, with the yellow spots removed.
- Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 11 January 2016. Mod John C: "Skill Pet Drop Rates part 3 - Beaver! "
- Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 9 October 2017. Mod Maz: "Beaver Pet from Sulliuscep woodcutting: "
- Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 10 June 2016. Mod John C: "Beaver base drop rate from redwoods: 1 in 72,321 (-wc level * 25)"
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •