|Start point||The Keldagrim mines east of Rellekka, north of the Mountain Camp.|
|Description||Hidden away from the fearsome trolls and the roaming Fremennik, the dwarves delve deep beneath the mountains in search for the ore they need to support their home of Keldagrim. One dwarf in particular, however, has for years been trying to crack open a rock that seems to be impervious to any material that he's tried on it. Convinced that solving the riddle of the rock will lead him to unimaginable wealth, he has spent the later part of his life on just this lump of stone. Help him out, but take care you don't end up in a tight spot!|
|Length||Long (Medium, if all items are acquired)|
|Enemies to defeat|
- Either enter the tunnel and subsequent cave just south of the Polar Hunter area (fairy ring DKS) OR go to northern part of Keldagrim and use the Travel option on the Dwarven Boatman.
Note: The Dwarven Boatman will take you quickly to northern Keldagrim and back.
- Talk to the Dwarven Ferryman and use the ring of charos (a) or use the Travel option to go across the river.
- Run to the second northern wooden bridge to talk to Dondakan.
- Go to western Keldagrim and talk to the Dwarven Engineer in the Trading Consortium smithing shop.
Finding the pages
Items Required: Any pickaxe, weapon to kill a scorpion.
- Go to the Ice Mountain entrance of the Dwarven Mine and talk to Rolad in the east house (chat will disengage once then re-engage).
- Go down the trapdoor to the Dwarven Mine. Complete the following to receive pages:
- Talk to Rolad. (chat will again disengage then re-engage)
- Read Dwarven lore.
The golden cannonball
- Go back to the Keldagrim mines and talk to Dondakan.
- Use a gold bar on him.
- Go to any furnace and make a golden cannon ball.
- Use the golden Cannon ball on Dondakan to receive a Schematic.
The gold helmet and schematics
- Read the Dwarven lore book to receive the base schematics.
- Go back to the Dwarf Engineer at the Western Trade Consortium to get the Schematics.
- Use your gold bar on the nearby anvil to make a gold helmet.
Completing the schematics
- Go to the White Wolf Mountain passage and speak to Khorvak.
- Assemble the schematics per below to get the completed Schematic:
- Equip your Gold helmet and pickaxe and prepare to kill a level 75-125 Arzinian Avatar.
- Talk to Dondakan with the schematics.
Note: At this point, you have eight minutes to finish this part of the quest. If you do not finish within eight minutes, you must restart from this step.
- Mine at least 5-15 Gold ore (keep them in your inventory).
- Go to the center of the area.
- Go through the first set of flames.
- Talk to the second set of flames.
- Kill the Arzinian Avatar.
- Talk to Dondakan.
- Quest complete!
- 2 Quest points
- 5,000 Defence experience
- 5,000 Mining experience
- 5,000 Smithing experience
- A rune pickaxe
- The ability to teleport to Dondakan's rock using a ring of wealth
- You get to keep your gold helmet and can continue using it to fire yourself into the rock to access the Arzinian Mine where there are lots of gold rocks and gold veins, and a nearby dwarf banks the player's gold ore for a charge (he keeps 20% of the ores, rounded up, or 10% of the ores if the player has the ring of charos (a)).