To obtain a black spear, a player can buy one from another player, buy it from the Grand Exchange, receive it as a monster drop, receive it as a gift from turning vampyre juvinates into humans, or from looting a chest in the shade catacombs of Mort'ton while participating in the Shades of Mort'ton activity. Like all black weapons, this requires an attack level of 25.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Vampyre Juvinate 54; 59; 64; 90; 119 1 Common
- There is no white spear. This makes the black spear one of only a few pieces of black equipment that has no white equivalent.
- There used to be glitch in which if the player didn't have the 10 Attack requirement to wield the spear and attempts to wield it, a message in the chat box would appear saying: 'You need a Ranged level of 10.'
- Although other normal spears have an attack speed of 5, the black spear actually has an attack speed of 4. This is most likely an oversight by Jagex that occurred when they first increased the attack speed of spears with the release of Barrows, and has not yet been fixed.
- When poisoned, however, the black spear has the correct attack speed of 5.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this item only required 10 Attack to wield. Now it requires 25 Attack.
• • • • • •
|Black heraldic armour||