Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict over 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfire
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, reducing dragonfire damage significantly.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts. This method is strongly recommended as you can use prayer flicking to Protect from Melee, ultimately negating 100% of damage.
- An antifire potion + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high level Prayer. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option.
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs.
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- 12 more can be found in the upper level; however, players can only kill them if they have a blue dragon slayer assignment. The entrance is near the north safespot where the dragons are.
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
- Corsair Cove Dungeon (5) - requires completion of Dragon Slayer II
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 180 Mithril axe 1 Uncommon 115 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 296 Steel platelegs 1 Uncommon 392 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,109 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,930 Rune dagger 1 Rare 4,506
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75 Uncommon 375 Nature rune 15 Uncommon 3,135 Fire rune 37 Uncommon 185 Law rune 3 Uncommon 663
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Uncommon 17 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 14 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 172 Grimy harralander 1 Rare 851 Grimy ranarr weed 1 Rare 7,580 Grimy irit leaf 1 Rare 832 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 1,524 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 1,158 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,363 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 1,158 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 622
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11; 44; 132; 200; 440 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,238 Bass 1 Uncommon 173 Ensouled dragon head 1 Uncommon (1/50) 7,962 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold
Gem drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the gem drop table.
Show/hide gem drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 678 Uncut emerald 1 Rare 814 Uncut ruby 1 Rare 1,477 Nature talisman 1 Very rare 894 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,774 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 820 Loop half of key 1 Very rare 9,344 Tooth half of key 1 Very rare 12,781 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,128 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,630 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,891