Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict over 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfire
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, reducing dragonfire damage significantly.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts. This method is strongly recommended as you can use prayer flicking to Protect from Melee, ultimately negating 100% of damage.
- An antifire potion + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high level Prayer. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option.
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs.
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- 12 more can be found in the upper level; however, players can only kill them if they have a blue dragon slayer assignment. The entrance is near the north safespot where the dragons are.
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
- Corsair Cove Dungeon (5) - requires completion of Dragon Slayer II
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 150 Mithril axe 1 Uncommon 172 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 255 Steel platelegs 1 Uncommon 408 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,032 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,852 Rune dagger 1 Rare 4,431
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75 Uncommon 375 Nature rune 15 Uncommon 3,810 Fire rune 37 Uncommon 185 Law rune 3 Uncommon 480
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Uncommon 8 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 10 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 150 Grimy harralander 1 Rare 595 Grimy ranarr weed 1 Rare 7,990 Grimy irit leaf 1 Rare 905 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 1,979 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 1,475 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,595 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 1,782 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 560
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11; 44; 132; 200; 440 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 924 Bass 1 Uncommon 170 Ensouled dragon head 1 Uncommon (1/50) 10,396 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold
Gem drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the gem drop table.
Show/hide gem drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 472 Uncut emerald 1 Rare 747 Uncut ruby 1 Rare 1,320 Nature talisman 1 Very rare 789 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,942 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 885 Loop half of key 1 Very rare 9,855 Tooth half of key 1 Very rare 10,058 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,855 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,506 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,460
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •