The Carnillean family is one of the wealthiest and most noble in Ardougne. They live in the southern part of East Ardougne, close to the large wall separating it from West Ardougne. The family first appears in the quest Hazeel Cult.
In Hazeel Cult, the player has the option of siding with either the Carnillean family in order to put a stop to the Cult of Hazeel, or a group of fanatics devoted to the ancient Mahjarrat lord Hazeel, who once ruled over the area now known as Ardougne. The Carnillean family is descended from the man who originally defeated Hazeel and freed Ardougne from his reign of terror. If the player chooses to side with them during Hazeel Cult, they must help them take back the family armour, known as Carnillean armour, which players can keep as a reward using the drop trick.
Members of the Carnillean family include:
- Sir Ceril Carnillean - a vassal and nobleman, directly descended from the man who defeated Hazeel in the Fourth Age.
- Henryeta Carnillean - Ceril's wife and mother to their son.
- Philipe Carnillean - A spoilt little boy, heir to the Carnillean line.
And their staff, who live at the house:
- Claus the chef - the family chef, who cooks the soup that is poisoned by the player if they side with the cult.
- Butler Jones - the family's butler, actually a spy for the Cult, arrested if the player sides with the family.
- Guard (Carnillean) - Guards employed by the family.
• • • •