The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately for players with the hard wilderness diary complete and a POH obelisk, you can select level 44 wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 56
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak monk top 1 Uncommon  791 Zamorak monk bottom 1 Uncommon  1,743 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 41,580 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,925 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 28,368 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 24,489 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 82,207
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 2,460 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,150 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 17,800
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 4,836
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,128 Monkfish 3 Common 1,146 Shark 1 Common 785 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 8,618
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 2,616 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 4,908 Chaos talisman 1 Common 427 Nature talisman 1 Common 705 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 18,670 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,427 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 30,210 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5) 179,863 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 181,956 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 328,543 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Chaos Fanatic on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 13,729 Tooth half of key 1 Common 11,794 Chaos talisman 1 Common 427 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 654 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 818 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,494 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 705 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,822 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 835 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,300 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,456 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,606 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,720 Death rune 45 Uncommon 10,125 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,578 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,946 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,576 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,600 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 12,048 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,069 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,162 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,161 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,994 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,388 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,303
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards