The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately for players with the hard wilderness diary complete and a POH obelisk, you can select level 44 wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 45
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak monk top 1 Uncommon  762 Zamorak monk bottom 1 Uncommon  1,584 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 41,430 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,958 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 30,546 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 24,967 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 85,666
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 2,070 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 16,100 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 18,150
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 4,756
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,296 Monkfish 3 Common 1,116 Shark 1 Common 794 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,302
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 2,468 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 4,632 Chaos talisman 1 Common 459 Nature talisman 1 Common 602 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 17,780 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,402 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 29,692 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5) 74,902 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 141,387 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 241,960 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Chaos Fanatic on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 11,117 Tooth half of key 1 Common 11,042 Chaos talisman 1 Common 459 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 617 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 772 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,382 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 602 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,200 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,402 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 855 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,260 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,440 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,735 Law rune 45 Uncommon 8,460 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,855 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,584 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,949 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,611 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,300 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,970 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 2,784 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,164 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,178 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,008 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,510 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,357
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards