The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.
He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately for players with the hard wilderness diary complete and a POH obelisk, you can select level 44 wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 89
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak monk top 1 Uncommon  1,062 Zamorak monk bottom 1 Uncommon  2,708 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 40,805 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,902 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 26,761 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,665 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 81,482
- Zamorak robe top and bottom are dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 2,130 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 15,575 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 18,350
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 5,564
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 5,936 Monkfish 3 Common 1,386 Shark 1 Common 921 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 10,056
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 1,820 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 4,074 Chaos talisman 1 Common 505 Nature talisman 1 Common 744 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 17,750 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,661 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 34,439 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5) 68,122 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 56,108 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 53,591 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Chaos Fanatic on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 10,307 Tooth half of key 1 Common 10,840 Chaos talisman 1 Common 505 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 455 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 679 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,249 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 744 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 2,940 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 875 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,220 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,368 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,539 Law rune 45 Uncommon 7,470 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,135 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,487 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,758 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,459 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,000 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,932 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 2,627 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 58,488 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,015 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,933 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,697 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,226
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards