Bellock, the crazed archaeologist is an insane individual and demi-boss who resides in the ruins south of The Forgotten Cemetery. He uses Ranged and Melee attacks and can perform a special attack where he throws explosive books that explode in a 3x3 area.
It is recommended to use Magic armour with the Trident of the seas while praying range and avoiding his special attack of explosive books as soon as he says, "Rain of knowledge!" The best way to avoid it is by keeping a considerable distance, and running towards him until you are two squares away from it (this way, you will avoid Melee damage), and repeating the same steps over and over, you will minimize the chance of receiving damage.
The fastest way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. Alternatively a burning amulet can be used to teleport to bandit camp and run to the ruins.
One quote is said every time Bellock attacks the player.
- "I'm Bellock - respect me!"
- "Get off my site!"
- "No-one messes with Bellock's dig!"
- "These ruins are mine!"
- "Taste my knowledge!"
- "You belong in a museum!"
- "Rain of knowledge!" - when using special attack
- "Ow!" - upon death
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 89
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Amulet of power 1 Common 2,126 Red d'hide body 1 Uncommon 5,932 Rune knife 10 Uncommon 3,130 Rune crossbow 2 Uncommon (5/128) 20,136
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy dwarf weed 4 (noted) Common 1,792
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Shark 1 Common 921 Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 5,936 Potato with cheese 3 Common 1,200 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 10,056
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 522–4,000 Common Not sold Silver ore 40 (noted) Common 2,800 Rusty sword 1 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common [A 1] 1,820 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common [A 1] 4,074 Cannonball 150 Uncommon 25,800 Muddy key 1 Uncommon 3,307 Red dragonhide 10 (noted) Uncommon 22,410 White berries 10 (noted) Uncommon 4,580 Onyx bolt tips 12 Uncommon 98,652 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30)[A 2] 1,661 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5)[A 3] 68,122 Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128)[A 4] Not sold Fedora 1 Rare (1/128) 2,677 Odium shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 1,340,014 Malediction shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 2,290,550
- Uncut sapphire drops with uncut emeralds
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Crazy archaeologist on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 10,307 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 10,840 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 455 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,368 Nature talisman 1 Very rare 744 Nature rune 67 Very rare 14,539 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,758 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,487 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 679 Law rune 45 Very rare 7,470 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,135 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,940 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,459 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,932 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,000 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,249 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,015 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 58,488 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,933 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,697 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,226 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,627 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 875
- The name "Bellock" is a reference to Belloq from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The phrase "You belong in a museum!" is another reference to Indiana Jones.
- The crazy archaeologist is the only Wilderness boss which does not drop a pet.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. August 25 2015. Mod Ash: "NPCs' magic defence is calculated off their Magic level, not their Defence level, and his is negligible."
Wilderness bosses and rewards