Dagannoth are sea monsters. Many are found near areas inhabited by the Fremennik, who call them daggermouths and hunt them for their skin, which is used to make armour. There are many types of dagannoth, the most powerful being the three Dagannoth Kings. Dagannoth are assigned by Chaeldar, Vannaka, Nieve, Steve and Duradel as slayer tasks. A Slayer level of 1 is required to harm dagannoth, but in order to be assigned dagannoth as a slayer task, players must complete Horror from the Deep; however, completion of Horror from the Deep is not required to be assigned the Dagannoth Kings as a slayer task.
Little is known about the origins of the dagannoth species. Dagannoth are first documented in Third Age where they started attacking the Fremennik, causing great losses to them. The Fremennik call the dagannoth "dagger-mouths", most likely due to their sharp teeth.
There are several types of dagannoth, which vary by level, location and occasionally name. For information on a specific type of dagannoth, see its article.
- Dagannoth (Lighthouse & Catacombs of Kourend)
- Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)
- Dagannoth (POH)
- Dagannoth fledgeling
- Dagannoth spawn
- Dagannoth Prime
- Dagannoth Rex
- Dagannoth Supreme
- Dagannoth mother
- Reanimated dagannoth
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 March 2016. Mod Ash: "You need Horror done for Dagannoth, but not for the DKs. You do need Death Plateau for GWD tasks."
- The Dagannoth Kings have a long distance attack, similar to the Kalphite Queen, King Black Dragon, and Chaos Elemental.
- The plural of dagannoth is dagannoth, which can be seen when receiving a slayer task for them.
• • • •
• • • • •