Damis is one of the four guardians of the Diamonds of Azzanadra, fought only when doing the Desert Treasure quest. He is the only guardian who solely uses melee to attack, however this is made up for by having two forms - the first being quite easy, while the second having higher stats, attacking faster as well as draining Prayer rapidly.
He can be fought in the Nightmare Zone after the quest is complete.
He is found at the end of the Shadow Dungeon, which is accessed via a ladder requiring the ring of visibility to see. When approaching Damis' location, the player will be told in their chatbox that they hear a voice from the walls telling them to turn back.
His first form is not much of a threat as the player can use Protect from Melee to defeat him and mitigate all damage, however his second form has higher stats, attacks faster and drains the player's Prayer rapidly when close up. As such, it may not be a good idea to allow Damis to attack the player.
The best method to defeat Damis is to get the attention of (but not kill) the bat or one of two giant rats found nearby and luring Damis and the other aggressive monsters behind it. Unlike the skeletons and Shadow Hounds, they will prevent other monsters passing through them. The player can then safely attack Damis using Magic/Ranged with only the giant rat or bat attacking the player.
As Damis is weak to Magic, Iban Blast and Trident of the seas/swamp are effective. He is resistant to melee and Ranged. Contrary to a popular misconception, Damis is not specifically weak to Earth spells.
During Damis' second form, he may say one of the following quotes per game tick when he is close up to the player:
- "I will crush you utterly!"
- "You are no match for my power!"
- "Taste my blade and feel my wrath!"
- "I... am... invincible!"
- "Your pathetic skill won't help you now!"
- "You will regret ever coming here!"
- "Hah! I fear not your feeble power!"
- Damis is an Arabic word that means "dark" or "shadows".
- On release, Damis could be lured to the end of the alcove north of his room and easily safespotted behind a stalagmite. This no longer works as an update changed the stalagmite to a standing torch, which does not allow attacks through it.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 13 August 2018. Mod Ash: "The ice & fire warriors have effects. So do mummies in the pyramid. That's all I could find."
- ↑ Only dropped when fought in the Shadow Dungeon during Desert Treasure.
Agrith-Naar • Agrith-Na-Na • Arrg • Barrelchest • Black demon • Black Knight Titan • Bouncer • Chronozon • Corrupt Lizardman • Corsair Traitor • Count Draynor • Culinaromancer • Dad • Dagannoth mother • Damis • Dessourt • Dessous • Elvarg • The Everlasting • Evil Chicken • Fareed • Flambeed • Gelatinnoth Mother • Giant Roc • Giant scarab • Glod • Ice Troll King • The Inadequacy • Jungle Demon • Kamil • Karamel • The Kendal • Khazard warlord • King Roald • Me • Moss giant • Nazastarool • Nezikchened • Sand Snake • Skeleton Hellhound • Slagilith • Tanglefoot • Tree spirit • Treus Dayth • The Untouchable • Witch's experiment