The dragonbone necklace is a necklace that is dropped exclusively by Vorkath. Wearing the necklace requires level 80 in Prayer, and currently offers the highest prayer bonus in the neck slot in Old School RuneScape.
When worn, it will restore prayer points as bones are buried (even if buried via the bonecrusher). However, this prayer restoring effect takes nine seconds to take effect after equipping the necklace; this is to prevent players equipping another necklace and only swapping to the dragonbone necklace each time they kill a monster just for the prayer restoration effect. A small sound effect can be heard when the nine seconds have passed. This effect does not stack with the Catacombs of Kourend prayer restoration effect.
The amount of points restored are as follows:
- Bones restore 1 prayer point.
- Big bones restore 2 prayer points.
- Baby dragon bones restore 3 prayer points.
- Dragon, wyvern, and dagannoth bones restore 4 prayer points.
- Superior dragon bones restore 5 prayer points.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Vorkath 732 1
- Upon release, the necklace had a +6 prayer bonus, and equipping the necklace reduced remaining prayer points by half. This was changed to +12 instead and the latter effect replaced with the nine-second waiting period in an update on 25 January 2018.