Players can speak to her to learn about the Bruma tree's special properties, which is to keep the Wintertodt weakened. She will also tell the player about Xeric, an evil mage who ruled Great Kourend for a hundred years.
- Esther: Are you here to fight the cold?
- Player: Umm... I guess?
- Esther: Great! Ask me anything you like about the Bruma Tree, I'm an expert.
- Player: Tell me about the Wintertodt.
- Esther: Some would say that ice preserves while fire destroys, but no amount of fire is destroying the Wintertodt, that's a cold that will freeze the air in your lungs.
- Esther: Even the heat generated from burning the Bruma roots only weakens it, and that doesn't last very long nowadays.
- Player: Looks like an angry snow storm to me...
- Esther: What you see in that pit is not the Wintertodt at full strength, it will never be while the Bruma tree still burns and the Doors of Dinh remain closed.
- Player: Tell me about the Bruma tree.
- Esther: The Bruma tree is what keeps the Wintertodt weak, the prison was built here by Dinh because of its usefulness against the Wintertodt. Some legends say that Xeric is the cause for the doors weakening, or maybe he made the Wintertodt stronger?
- Player: Is Xeric really such a bad guy?
- Esther: It's known for a fact that he was interested in the Bruma Tree, for what purposes... there are only rumours.
- Esther: Regardless, the Bruma tree definitely contains powerful magic, I've been studying the sap for years and it has truly astounding properties.
- Esther: There's not many fires that burn green now, are there?
- Player: What about gnomish fire lighters?
- Esther: ...
- Player: Tell me about yourself.
- Esther: Me? I'm a member of the Woodcutting guild, more of a researcher though... I'm currently tasked with growing a new Bruma tree.
- Player: How's that going?
- Esther: Poorly. I believe the Bruma tree can only be grown in a freezing cold climate.
- Player: Well, isn't that here?
- Esther: It's just an idea really, for all I know, it could be magic way beyond me, beyond even the Pyromancers.
- Player: See you later.
- Esther: Goodbye!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.