A ghost is an undead monster that is found in various places and dungeons. As they are undead, Crumble Undead and the salve amulet work well on them. Ghosts are rarely used for training, because they drop nothing in most locations.
Players must kill ghosts in Melzar's Maze to progress through a level of the maze. The ghosts in Melzar's Maze can be spoken to with a Ghostspeak amulet; their speech hints that they were victims of Elvarg the dragon.
The ghosts found by the Grave of Scorpius can be spoken to without a Ghostspeak amulet; they will say "We are waiting for you to join us." then proceed to attack the player.
Some creatures that seem ghostly are not classified as ghosts and do not count towards fulfilling a Slayer assignment for ghosts. These include:
- Aberrant spectres and its variants (called a 'very smelly ghost' in its examine text)
- All types of ghasts.
- All types of shades.
- Kolodion, (while battling him for your god in his fourth form) Master of Battle Magic and head of the Mage Arena.
- Varrock Sewers
- Upstairs in Draynor Manor
- Melzar's Maze, one ghost drops the orange key required for the Dragon Slayer quest.
- Stronghold of Security, Sepulchre of Death (levels 76 and 77)
- Taverley Dungeon
- West Ardougne Graveyard
- Grave of Scorpius (level 24)
- Death altar
- Haunted Mine
- In The Forgotten Cemetery, located in the Wilderness
- Catacombs of Kourend, just south of the dark altar
- Only dropped by those found in the Wilderness.