Glod is a huge, muscular giant who can be found on the cloud at the top of the magic beanstalk in the Grim Tales quest. He has a Combat level of 138. Glod has the ability to bellow threats at players to either make them run in fear of the huge giant or charge at him in anger. He can also heal himself similar to the gorillas on Ape Atoll, making him a bit harder to kill. When Glod is killed he drops the golden goblin which is a quest item needed for the Grim Tales quest.
Glod is immune to poison-based attacks. In addition, he also has the ability to disable any active Prayers on the player, also lowering their prayer points by a noticeable amount. However, this does not work like a Dragon scimitar's special attack, which prevents players from using protection prayers for five seconds. If you stand at least 3 steps away from him, he will not be able to use his melee attacks.
A good method of fighting Glod is with magic, standing at the edge of the arena as to render his bellow that makes players run away useless. Players will then only have to worry about the bellow that makes them charge forward.
Alternatively, using melee with Protect from Melee will negate damage from his attacks.
He can be fought in the Nightmare Zone after the quest is complete.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watering can 1–4 Common 229–916 Uncut sapphire 1 Uncommon 500 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,318 Ruby 2 Rare 1,904 Big bones 2 Rare 388 Long bone 1 Rare (1/400) Not sold Curved bone 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- Upon release, Glod could be fought an infinite amount of times. This was changed by an update.
- Glod is an alternate name for Fornjót, an ancient giant in Norse mythology.
- While fighting, Glod may shout "Glod smash!" and "Glod angry! You wouldn't like Glod when angry!" These are both a reference to the Marvel Comics hero, the Incredible Hulk, who says "Hulk smash!" and "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
- Glod's appearance is really similar to that of the Incredible Hulk. It might be possible that Glod's design was based on the Incredible Hulk.
- Glod is one of the few NPCs that actually has visible fingers.
- Glod was featured as the first question in the RuneScape quiz 14. This quiz was released 29 June 2010, the question being "Where can Glod be found?" The answer was "At the top of a beanstalk like all good giants!"
- Glod is currently the largest giant in the game.
- The golden goblin is a reference to the golden hen and the golden harp from the fairy tale: "Jack and the Beanstalk." The giant being found at the top of a beanstalk (and someone murdering the giant and stealing his possessions) is also a reference to Jack and the Beanstalk.
Agrith-Naar • Agrith-Na-Na • Arrg • Barrelchest • Black demon • Black Knight Titan • Bouncer • Chronozon • Corrupt Lizardman • Corsair Traitor • Count Draynor • Culinaromancer • Dad • Dagannoth mother • Damis • Dessourt • Dessous • Elvarg • The Everlasting • Evil Chicken • Fareed • Flambeed • Gelatinnoth Mother • Giant Roc • Giant scarab • Glod • Ice Troll King • The Inadequacy • Jungle Demon • Kamil • Karamel • The Kendal • Khazard warlord • King Roald • Me • Moss giant • Nazastarool • Nezikchened • Sand Snake • Skeleton Hellhound • Slagilith • Tanglefoot • Tree spirit • Treus Dayth • The Untouchable • Witch's experiment
• • • • • • • • •