This article is about the quest. For the haunted mine in which it is set, see Abandoned Mine.
|Start point||Speak to the Zealot at the mines in Morytania on the path to Mort'ton.|
|Description||Recent forays into Morytania by some of Saradomin's more fanatical supporters have unearthed murky rumours concerning an abandoned mine in the south. Legend speaks of an unusual material, hidden in the depths of the mines, that is somehow linked to the desolation and fear that now surrounds the place. Do you have the nerve to find out more, and enter the haunted mines of Morytania?|
|Length||Medium (if you're good at puzzling), long (if you're not)|
|Enemies to defeat||Treus Dayth (level 95)|
- Talk to the Zealot outside the mine.
- Pickpocket him.
- Go south a little bit.
- Climb over the mine cart and enter the mine.
Cave level 1
- Follow the track west, exit the cave.
- Go south, enter the cave.
- Go east and down the ladder.
Cave level 2
- Go down the east ladder.
Cave level 3
- Go south along the moving cart's tracks to the west using the alcoves.
- Climb down the ladder.
Cave level 4
- Pick a glowing fungus.
- Go NW and place the fungus in the searchable cart.
- Go NW to view the points settings. (Board on a wall)
The initial configuration will be different for each player. See pictures for the correct configuration and labels on each lever.
- Write down which levers need to change to match the correct setting.
- Go SE and pull the needed levers (between A-E).
- Go NW and pull the needed levers (between F-K).
- Return to the point settings and click start.
Finding the cart again
- Go up the ladder by the glowing fungus spawn.
- Go north then east, climb up the ladder.
- Go west, climb up the ladder.
- Go west and exit the cave.
- Go north and enter the cave.
- Climb down the nearby ladder.
- Go NE and climb down the ladder by the door.
- Go West then North and climb down the ladder.
- Search the cart for the fungus and take it.
- Climb up the ladder.
- Go all the way east then south past the moving cart.
- Climb down the ladder and begin saving your run energy.
- Go south, pick up the chisel if needed.
- Use the Zealot’s key on the water valve.
- Quickly run to the lift and take it down.
- Go South then East and down the stairs.
- Go through the door.
- Pick up the innocent-looking key to start the boss fight.
- Kill Treus Dayth. Note: If you die or teleport away, you will have to get another Glowing fungus.
- Pick up the key and go back up the eastern stairs.
- Go west and down those stairs.
- Open the door and cut the crystal outcrop with your chisel.
- Players can use a ball of wool on a salve shard to make a salve amulet.
- The mining key, obtained after killing the ghost, can be put on the steel key ring.
- Unless the player has a low defence or prayer level, it is often more efficient to rush the boss directly, tanking the crane hits than it is to spend time navigating the area.
- Mining mithril ore within the abandoned mine is a hard task in the morytania set. You can receive a pickaxe by attempting to take one of the iron pickaxes laying on the ground near the bottom of the lift, which will come to life (level-50) before dropping an iron pickaxe. There is also a spawn of a bronze pickaxe at the top of the lift, just to the west.
- 2 Quest points
- 22,000 Strength experience
- The ability to make salve amulets, giving combat bonuses against various undead
- Access to Tarn's Lair
• • • •
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.