When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
- Player: Are you hungry?
- Herbi: That depends, what have you got?
- Player: I'm sure I could knock you up a decent salad.
- Herbi: I'm actually an insectivore.
- Player: Oh, but your name suggests that-
- Herbi: I think you'll find I didn't name myself, you humans and your silly puns.
- Player: No need to PUNish us for our incredible wit.
- Herbi: Please. Stop.
- Player: Have your herbs died?
- Herbi: These old things? I guess they've dried up... I'm getting old and I need caring for. I've chosen you to do that by the way.
- Player: Oh fantastic! I guess I'll go shell out half a million coins to keep you safe then, what superb luck!
- Herbi: I could try the next person if you'd prefer?
- Player: I'm just joking you old swine!
- Player: So you live in a hole? I would've thought Boars are surface dwelling mammals.
- Herbi: Well, I'm special! I bore down a little so I'm nice and cosy with my herbs exposed to the sun, it's all very interesting.
- Player: Sounds rather... Boring!
- Herbi: How very original...
- Player: Tell me... do you like Avacado?[ ]
- Herbi: I'm an insectivore, but even if I wasn't I'd hate Avacado!
- Player: Why ever not? It's delicious!
- Herbi: I don't know why people like it so much... it tastes a like[ ] a ball of chewed up grass.
- Player: Sometimes you can be such a bore...
- Herbi: When I was a young HERBIBOAR!!
- Player: I'm standing right next to you, no need to shout...
- Herbi: I was trying to sing you a song...
- Upon release, if a player spoke to Herbi while it is stored in a menagerie, the chathead would display Jal-nib-rek's. This was fixed in an update on 28 September 2017.
- Dialogue 2 refers to the pet insurance service offered by Probita.
- Dialogue 5 is a reference to a line sung by Pumbaa in the 1994 Disney film, "The Lion King".
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •