|Start point||Speak with Larrissa, who is outside the Lighthouse, north of Barbarian Outpost.|
|Description||The lighthouse protecting Kandarin's northwestern coastline has mysteriously stopped operating, and contact with the lighthouse keeper Jossik has been lost.
The Council would greatly appreciate it if somebody could discover for them what has happened to this most vital landscape feature.
|Enemies to defeat|
- To begin the quest use the fairy ring code ALP to teleport to the lighthouse. Alternatively, one could teleport to the Barbarian Outpost using a games necklace or minigame teleport then hop over the rocks to the north to reach the lighthouse.
- Talk to Larrissa.
- Run east to the second bridge, use a plank on it
- Jump the bridge and use a second plank on it
- Teleport to Barbarian Outpost using a games necklace or run back, talk to Gunnjorn in the Barbarian Outpost agility arena for a key.
- Go to the roof of the lighthouse and use the swamp tar, tinderbox, and molten glass on the lighthouse mechanism.
- Climb down to the basement, use 1 of each elemental rune, any sword, and any arrow on the strange wall.
- Go through the right part of the door and talk to Jossik.
- Kill the level 100 Dagannoth then the level 100 Dagannoth Mother.
After the fight
You'll get a rusty casket after you defeat the Dagannoth Mother. Go to the 1st floor[ of the lighthouse and show it to Jossik to finish the quest. (Note: If your inventory is full when killing the Dagannoth Mother you will not receive the casket. Instead, go and talk to Jossik upstairs who will say he picked up the casket after you left it on the ground.) ]
Note: Since 3 March 2016, it is possible to purchase all the books from Jossik for 5,000 coins each, even if you have not filled your other book(s).
- 2 Quest points
- 4662.5 Magic experience
- 4662.5 Strength experience
- 4662.5 Ranged experience
- A damaged prayer book of your choice: a Holy book (Saradomin), an Unholy book (Zamorak), or a Book of balance (Guthix).
- Access to the lighthouse general store and the Dagannoth caves underneath (There are level 74 and 92 Dagannoth. Both use a ranged attack that has terrible accuracy, but the level 92 ones will try to use their much more effective melee attack whenever they can.)
• • • •
• • • • •