The Jal-nib-rek (roughly translated as Foreign Nibbler Baby/Young) is a Jal-Nib dropped by TzKal-Zuk upon completion of the Inferno. Players may exchange their infernal capes by speaking to TzHaar-Ket-Keh for a 1/100 chance of obtaining the pet.
Players can right click "Metamorphosis" to change between the Jal-Nib and TzRek-Zuk, which is a smaller version of TzKal-Zuk.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
- Drop chance is 1/75 when a player is assigned to defeat TzKal-Zuk on a slayer task.
- Player: Yo Nib, what's going on?
- Jal-Nib-Rek: Nibnib? Kl-Rek Nib?
- Jal-Nib-Rek nips you.
- Player: What'd you do that for?
- Jal-Nib-Rek: Heh Nib get you.
- Player: What'd you have for dinner?
- Jal-Nib-Rek: Nibblings!
- Player: Nibblings of what exactly?
- Jal-Nib-Rek: Nib.
- Player: Oh no! That's horrible.
- Player: Can you speak like a human can Nib?
- Jal-Nib-Rek: No, I most definitely can not.
- Player: Aren't you speaking like a human right now...?
- Jal-Nib-Rek: Jal-Nib-Rek Nib Kl-Jal, Zuk is mum.
- Player: Interesting.
- The text when receiving the pet from a cape gamble is Luck be a TzHaar tonight. Jal-Nib-Rek is yours. This is a reference to Frank Sinatra's song Luck Be a Lady.
- Upon release, Jal-Nib-Rek did not have a Metamorphosis option to change into TzRek-Zuk. This was added in over eight months later in an update on 22 February 2018.
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •