The Kalphite Queen (Kalphiscarabeinae pasha), also called the KQ, is the strongest of the Kalphites. The Kalphite Queen, along with dust devils and smoke devils, is notable for dropping the Dragon chainbody armour.
The Kalphite Queen is one of the toughest monsters in RuneScape. She can inflict large amounts of damage with her Ranged and Magic attacks as they always result in a successful hit. It is recommended for players to bring an emergency teleport such as an Ectophial or teleport tablet, or only bring items into the lair they are willing to lose.
The Kalphite Queen resides in her lair southwest of the Shantay Pass. If you are lucky and fast, you can run from the Shantay Pass to the Kalphite Lair fast enough so that the desert heat does not affect you. Alternatively, the Fairy Ring BIQ can take you to right outside the Lair entrance. You will require a rope to enter the dungeon, which will be used in the process. A second rope is required to reach the lower level where Kalphite Queen resides. Completion of the Elite Desert Diary removes the need to bring ropes each time.
The Kalphite Queen has a combat level of 333. Each form has 255 Hitpoints, and her Ranged and Magic attacks have 100% accuracy. She may also use a decently accurate melee attack. The Queen has two forms: in the first, she is an immense scarab beetle, and in her second, a giant wasp. She switches forms only after the first has been fully defeated.
As a beetle, she is extremely resistant to Magic and Ranged attacks, as indicated by her overhead prayers. As a wasp, she is resistant to Melee attacks. Therefore, players should be prepared to use both Melee and Ranged or Magic.
Each of her attacks have a max hit of 31. Her Ranged attacks consists of her shooting barbed spines from her abdomen. If there are players close to the person being targeted with this attack they will also be hit, to avoid this players can stand on opposite sides of the Kalphite Queen. Her Magic attack bounces from player to player. Her Melee attack can also hit high, but is much less accurate than the Magic and Ranged attacks.
- The player will always receive two items from the Kalphite Queen's drop table: One from the regular drop table, and one from the Consumables table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Monkfish 3 Common 1,044 Shark 2 Common 1,564 Super combat potion(2) 1 Common 4,796 Ranging potion(3) 1 Common 861 Superantipoison(2) 1 Common 204 Dark crab 2 Uncommon 2,580 Saradomin brew(4) 1 Uncommon 3,466 Super restore(4) 1 Uncommon 9,270 Prayer potion(4) 2 Uncommon 17,316
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon 29,627 Lava battlestaff 1 Uncommon 9,626 Red d'hide body 1 Uncommon 6,242 Rune knife(p++) 25 Uncommon 11,825 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Rare 82,740 Dragon chainbody 1 Rare (1/128) 713,708 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 132,712
There is a 1 in 16 chance of rolling the herb table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy toadflax 25 (noted) Uncommon 36,975 Grimy ranarr weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 163,825 Grimy snapdragon 25 (noted) Rare 194,150 Grimy torstol 25 (noted) Rare 176,375
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 25 Uncommon 1,825 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 96,644 Magic seed 2 Uncommon (3/128) 262,866 Papaya tree seed 2 Rare 5,238 Palm tree seed 2 Rare 72,682
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Blood rune 100 Common 34,900 Mithril arrow 500 Common 16,000 Rune arrow 250 Uncommon 22,500 Death rune 150 Uncommon 34,200
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut ruby 25 (noted) Uncommon 36,225 Uncut emerald 25 (noted) Uncommon 21,750 Uncut diamond 25 (noted) Uncommon 75,650
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Potato cactus 100 (noted) Common 81,800 Wine of zamorak 60 (noted) Common (10/128) 114,960 Ensouled kalphite head 1 Common (1/20) 2,474 Coins 15,000–20,000 Uncommon Not sold Runite bar 3 (noted) Uncommon 37,371 Magic logs 60 (noted) Uncommon 65,340 Grapes 100 (noted) Uncommon 11,900 Bucket of sand 100 (noted) Uncommon 5,000 Cactus spine 10 (noted) Uncommon 12,310 Gold ore 250 (noted) Uncommon 90,500 Weapon poison(++) 5 (noted) Uncommon 26,200 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Kq head 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Jar of sand 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 928,870 Kalphite princess 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 11,450 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 11,076 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 663 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,457 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 14,539 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,950 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,554 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 870 Law rune 45 Very rare 9,810 Death rune 45 Very rare 10,260 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,780 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,340 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,605 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 12,078 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,600 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,449 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,191 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,139 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,001 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,701 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,513 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 3,026 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 830
- The Kalphite Queen was previously the only known entity able to use simultaneous overhead protection prayers.
- The Kalphite Queen's original drops were much worse, similar to the King Black Dragon's before their drop tables were updated due to player feedback.
- Prior to a poll, only the second form counted towards the damage needed to obtain drops after her death. This upset players as crashers would come when a player was on the second form, taking the drop from them with minimal effort. This has since been changed, and now players who did the most damage to both forms will obtain the drop.
- If the second form stays alive for a long period of time, it will revert back to the first form and retain the second form's remaining Hitpoints. When the first form is killed again, a second form with full health will emerge, akin to Vet'ion.
- If stat-draining special attacks are used on her first form, the stat reductions will carry over to the second form.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 3 June 2015.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 March 2016. Mod Ash: "10/128 for the wine, 8/128 for a herb."
- ↑ Players will always receive a Kq head (tattered) on their 265th kill, which can only be used to mount in a POH.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 8 May 2017. Mod Ash: "Yes [when the defence is lowered on KQ's first form it stays lowered on the second form], same with Vet'ion."
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|King Black Dragon||Strongest monster in RuneScape||TzTok-Jad|