|Location on World Map|
|Wizards' Tower||←||Lumbridge Swamp Caves||→||Al Kharid|
The Lumbridge Swamp Caves are a series of dangerous tunnels that lie beneath the Lumbridge Swamp. The entrance is located just south-west of Lumbridge Castle — you will need a rope if you use this entrance. It is a dungeon filled with a variety of monsters, many of which are Slayer monsters. Before entering, you will need a light source, a tinderbox, rope, a spiny helmet and an antipoison potion (and possibly more if you intend on fighting the monsters here). You must start The Lost Tribe and complete Death to the Dorgeshuun to access it via the Lumbridge cellar.
- Wall beast (level 49) - Level 35 Slayer required, spiny helmet needed for protection from attacks (there are holes in the wall where the beasts can attack you). Wall beasts also drop mystic hats. If navigating around the caves, the Wall beasts can be avoided by stopping one square behind the holes in the wall and then running past them.
- Cave crawler (level 23) - Level 10 Slayer required. These can poison you, so antipoison potions recommended.
- Cave goblin (level 3) - These are goblins which live underground.
- Cave slime (level 23) - Level 17 Slayer required. Poisonous walking blobs of slime, which are Slayer assignments. They also drop level 1 clue scrolls.
- Cave bug (level 6) - Level 7 Slayer required.
- Rockslug (level 29) - Level 20 Slayer required, bags of salt needed to kill.
- Giant frog (level 99) - The toughest monster in these caves, although they are non-aggressive.
- Big frog (level 24) - Smaller and (much) weaker versions of giant frogs.
- In some areas of the cave, an open light source (such as a candle or a torch) can ignite dangerous swamp gas, resulting in an explosion, dealing heavy damage and extinguishing the light source. You will need a tinderbox to relight it.
- You can net fish for giant frog spawn in these caves. You will need 33 Fishing to catch them.
- Tears of Guthix quest and minigame.
- The Lost Tribe quest is involved (when you incorrectly navigate the maze, you can end up in the caves).
- Another Slice of H.A.M. is loosely affiliated.
- Wanted whilst chasing Solus Dellagar.
- Death to the Dorgeshuun is involved (after a H.A.M. member catches you and Zanik listening to a secret meeting).
• • • • • • • • • • •
Lumbridge Swamp Caves • Dorgesh-Kaan mine