As with most other trees that can give more than one log, maple trees have a 1 in 8 chance of depleting per log chopped. Each maple tree takes 35 seconds to respawn.
The most popular place to cut maple trees is in Seers' Village, along with many other trees. It is very convenient to cut them here due to there being maples found both north and south of the bank. Another convenient place to chop maples is at the Hosidius house in Zeah; again, there is a bank in close proximity to the trees and fewer people choose to train there.
Extra experience per log cut in Seers' Village can be earned upon the completion of the Medium Kandarin Diary.
Maple trees were made available to free-to-play with the introduction of Corsair Cove.
- 11 at the Woodcutting Guild
- 4 north of Seers' Village Bank
- 5 south of Seers' Village Bank
- 6 along the west wall of the Legends' Guild
- 7 east of Quartermaster Briget's shop in Great Kourend's Shayzien House
- 2 outside of Great Kourend's Hosidius House bank, north of the spirit tree patch
- 10 on Miscellania (which provide no logs and 0.1 experience per cut)
- 24 west of Sinclair Mansion
- 42 north of McGrubor's Wood and surrounding the path leading to Rellekka
Maple seeds may be grown into a Maple tree, which gives maple logs when cut down. A fully grown and healthy Maple tree will give 3403.4 Farming experience. When cut down, the tree will automatically regrow after a period of time. Alternatively, it can be dug up using a spade, yielding some maple roots in the process. A player may also pay one basket of oranges to a nearby farmer to guarantee its growth.
Maple logs can be cut into maple shortbows at level 50 Fletching (granting 50 Fletching experience for unstrung and another 50 experience for stringing), and maple longbows at level 55 (granting 58.3 experience for unstrung and another 58.3 experience for stringing). At level 45 maple logs can also be cut into arrow shafts, granting the player 20 Fletching experience and 60 arrow shafts per log.
- Maples can be cut in Miscellania after the completion of Throne of Miscellania quest. They give no logs in Miscellania but instead offer 0.1 experience and increase your popularity in Miscellania.