Cider can be made using the brewing vats in eastern Keldagrim or Port Phasmatys. Four buckets of apple mush are required to brew cider, each requiring four cooking apples to be mushed, which can be done at the brewery.
During the brewing process there is a substantial chance that any ale will turn out mature. Ales that do not mature will either produce a vat of normal ale, or will go "bad," which is analogous to a burned food item. Bad ale cannot even be collected by the player. Unlike other ales "The stuff" CANNOT BE ADDED to try to increase the chance of brewing mature cider, so mature cider can only be obtained by luck of the draw.
- Increases Farming by 2 levels for a period of time.
- Heals 2 hitpoints
- Lowers Attack and Strength by 5 levels
The full recipe for standard Cider is as follows (in the order given):
- 16 Cooking apples
- 4 Buckets
- Create 4 buckets of Apple mush, using the Apple Barrel located near the vats
- DO NOT ADD WATER TO THE VAT
- Add 4 buckets of Apple mush to the Fermenting vat
- Add 1 Ale yeast
- Wait 1-2 days
- Collect the completed ale using 8 beer glasses or 2 calquat kegs*
- Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand coins.
- However, it should be noted that many ales do not actively sell in kegs. Many players only need 1 glass of an ale for the boost, making kegs less desirable.