|Start point||In the Isafdar Woods, where the Roving Elves are (outside Tyras Camp and in the southeast corner of the woods). Speak to Eluned.|
|Description||It seems at last Arianwyn has need of your skills.
He believes there is more to the Mourners than meets the eye and he wishes for you to find out just what they're up to. Can you gain the trust of the Mourners?
|Length||Long to Very Long|
|Enemies to defeat||Mourner (level 11)|
Starting the quest.
- Talk to Eluned.
- Talk to Arianwyn.
- Teleport to the Outpost using your necklace of passage.
- Go to the Arandar pass west entrance and kill a mourner (will drain your stats).
- Take everything it drops (7 items), and hold onto them.
Items needed: A bucket of water
- Talk to Tegid by the Taverley lake.
- Search his laundry basket to get Tegid's soap.
- Use the soap on the bloody mourner top to clean it.
- Teleport to Lletya using the teleport crystal you got earlier.
- Talk to Oronwen who is directly northwest of the teleport crystal's destination.
- Talk to Oronwen again.
- Give her the silk, bear fur, and trousers.
- Log out, relog, and speak to Oronwen to get your mourner trousers.
- Buy dyes here if needed, you'll need more than 1 of each if you miss the target later on.
Items needed: mourner outfit, mourner letter, feather, soft leather, magic log, toad crunchies, West Ardougne teleport (recommended)
- Break your West Ardougne teleport tablet.
- Equip your mourner outfit and nothing else, enter the mourner HQ (NE corner of West Ardougne).
- Talk to the Head mourner in the basement.
- Talk to the gnome on a rack. Select the chat option about being tickled and toad crunchies.
- Use the feather on him twice.
- Talk to him with soft leather, a magic log, and toad crunchies.
- Release the gnome and talk to him.
- Log out, relog, and speak to the gnome again to get the fixed device.
Items needed: at least 1 red, green, blue, and yellow dye, ogre bellows, Ardougne teleport, fixed device
- Go to the Feldip hills swamp (east of fairy ring AKS) or to the swamp southwest of Castle Wars.
- Use dye on an empty bellow then the bellows on toads to get coloured toads (1 of each minimum).
- Go to the coloured sheep north of Ardougne used in the Sheep Herder quest
- Load and equip the launcher (fixed device).
- Pick "aim and fire" as your attack style to activate it.
- Re-dye one sheep in each group their respective colour.
Poisoning the food supply
- Talk to the head mourner.
- Take the rotten apple, located northwest of the Mourner Headquarters.
- Talk to Elena by the east Ardougne log balance shortcut.
- Talk to Elena again to give her your rotten apple.
- Relog and talk to her again to get a sieve.
- Go to the apple orchard to the NW, west of the Combat Training Camp.
- Take an empty barrel inside the orchard and use it on one of the Rotten Apple Piles.
- Use your rotten apples on the apple barrel (on the ground, in the middle of the orchard) to mash them.
- Use your barrel of naphtha on your mushed apple barrel (in your inventory); then, use your sieve on it.
- See the full guide if you do not have a barrel of naphtha.
- Use the toxic naphtha on a range, not a fire. Make sure you have two open inventory spaces to receive both toxic powders.
- Add the toxic powder to grain sacks to poison any 2 of the food stores in West Ardougne. The closest 2 are:
- The western room of the main building north of the town square.
- The church south of the town square.
- Talk to the Head mourner.
- Quest complete!
- 2 Quest points
- 25,000 Thieving experience
- 25,000 Hitpoints experience
- Access to the Mourner HQ basement and the village of Lletya
- Elf teleport crystal
- The fixed device
- Full mourner clothing
Quick Guide • Transcript