Old School RuneScape Mobile is an upcoming version of Old School RuneScape for mobile platforms. It was announced on 17 July 2017. It will allow players to play Old School RuneScape for free on their Android and iOS mobile devices. It will work cross-platform with the desktop client, allowing players to play using the same characters.
At RuneFest 2017, players had the chance to play Old School RuneScape Mobile on the live servers.
Players are able to sign up to express their interest in joining future closed tests. Selection for participation will be based on account standing and device type.
The original planned release for Old School Mobile was in Winter 2017, which has since been delayed. A technical beta involving 2,000 players ran from 2 February 2018 to 8 February 2018. A second beta involving 5,431 players ran from 13 April 2018 to 19 April 2018.
An open beta test for Android was released on 5 July 2018, with the Android mobile app being available to download on the Google Play store. Although free to download, only players with a members subscription were be able to sign in and play. An open beta for iOS is expected to release later in Summer 2018.
- ↑ Mod Sween. "Old School Mobile FAQ." 17-Jul-2017 14:05:49. Old School RuneScape General Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. "Old School Mobile". RuneScape News. *
- ↑ Old School RuneScape - Mobile - Cross-Platform MMORPG.*
- ↑ Jagex. "OSRS Mobile: Android Members Beta". RuneScape News. *
- ↑ Old School RuneScape - Apps on Google Play. (Archived from the original on 27 August 2018.)*