Onions are food items grown at level 5 Farming, taking 40 minutes to grow and granting 10.5 experience upon harvesting or health checking. Farmers will look after your onion patch if you pay them 1 sack of potatoes. A flower patch of marigolds also provides protection. Onions can be stored in sacks. When eaten, some text appears saying "It's always sad to see a grown man/woman cry".
They can be found or bought in several locations:
- Purchased from the Grand Tree Groceries in the Gnome Stronghold
- Food shop in the dungeon on Miscellania
- Buy or thieve from Greengrocer vegetable stall in Etceteria and Miscellania
- Grows in the backyard of Farmer Fred's farmhouse, which is adjacent to the sheep pen in Lumbridge, and in the field north of Rimmington
- Teak larders in a player-owned house
- A field in Rimmington, along with cabbages
- Within the Theatre of Blood (after Pestilent Bloat and Sotetseg are defeated; if players died during these fights, an onion will be found in the chest)
Onions are used as a Cooking ingredient for:
An onion is used in the Witch's Potion quest as an ingredient.