The Penance Queen is the boss monster of the Barbarian Assault minigame. She uses ranged attacks in rapid succession that can easily hit up to 13, and simultaneously strikes all players fighting her. Her melee attack can also hit up to 13. Players may not use protection prayers whilst fighting her. She can easily wipe out a whole party of players, especially if there is no cooperation between team members.
Upon defeating her, players will receive 80 Honour points in their chosen class, as well as 5 points in all other classes. Also, players may now trade items to Commander Connad on the ground floor of the Barbarian Assault building. Previously, this was not the case.
Since the Queen is located within a "safe" activity, you will not lose any items if you die when fighting her, though you will have to restart the wave.
- The examine text "Run Away! Run Away!" may be a reference to the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."
- If Vengeance is cast, it will have no effect on the Penance Queen.
- The Ring of recoil also has no effect on the Penance Queen.
- Before the Hitsplat update, it was assumed her rings were a magical attack. It has now been revealed they are Ranged attacks.
- It looks as if she has a mouth under her belly.