|Start point||Find the Diary of Herbi Flax on a shelf in a house on the southwest side of the village.|
|Description||The townsfolk of Mort'ton have some form of strange affliction and the town is full of Shades. Can you find some way to reverse this?|
Optional but recommended:
|Enemies to defeat||5 Loar Shades (level 40)|
- Enter the ruined house in the south-west of Mort'ton. Search the shelf on the wall. And read the diary.
- (Optional) Pick up the empty vials and search the smashed table for extra tarromin and one rogue's purse.
- Make Serum 207 by adding clean tarromin and ashes to a vial of water.
- Use it on Razmire (afflicted) in the general store.
- Kill five loar shades and pick up their remains. Note: any shades that you killed before talking to Razmire will not count.
- Return to Razmire and give him the remains. He may require more Serum 207.
- Right click and open his General store, buy an Olive oil.
- Open his builders' store, buy 5 timber beams, 5 limestone bricks, 25 swamp paste and optionally a Flamtaer hammer.
- Use the serum on Ulsquire Shauncy, located in the house east of the general store. Talk to him with Loar Remains.
- Talk to him again and ask about the remains and the temple.
Repairing the temple
- Head north-east of Mort'ton and repair the temple until you reach 100% repair and at least 10 sanctity. (use world 77 the official world to make it easier)
- Light the sacred altar in the centre of the temple (or wait until someone else lights it if you don't have level 5 firemaking)
- Use your olive oil on the flame to make sacred oil.
- (Optional) Use Serum 207 on the flame to make Serum 208, which permanently cures NPCs.
Burning a shade
- Use the sacred oil on a log to create a pyre log.
- Head west of Mort'ton. Use the pyre log then Loar remains on the funeral pyre.
- Light the funeral pyre.
- Collect the reward.
- Talk to Ulsquire.
- Quest complete!
- 3 Quest points
- 2000 Herblore experience
- 2000 Crafting experience
- Ability to play the Shades of Mort'ton minigame
- Ability to use the Shades of Mort'ton minigame teleport
- Bonus: If you take the Diary of Herbi Flax to the Apothecary in Varrock, you'll get an extra 335 Herblore experience. Can only be done once.
• • • • • • •
Shades of Mort'ton (minigame) • Quick Guide
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.