The Spiritual mage is a potent Magic Slayer monster found in the God Wars Dungeon that can easily kill low-level players. Protect from Magic and high prayer bonus is highly recommended for anyone wanting to 'camp' these monsters. Like all monsters in the God Wars Dungeon, they are aggressive to any players that do not wear items showing loyalty to their god. Spiritual mages require 83 Slayer to kill (note Spiritual creatures cannot be given as a Slayer assignment if the player has not completed the Death Plateau quest). Just like Spiritual rangers and Spiritual warriors, which require 63 and 68 respectively, there are Spiritual mages from each god.
Spiritual mages are an excellent source for runes and pure essence. They are also the sole dropper of dragon boots.
It is highly recommended to kill Saradominist or Zamorakian spiritual mages, as they have relatively low health and are found in larger numbers than any other god. There are very few Armadylian spiritual mages and Bandosian spiritual mages are rather spread apart and have the most health. For players killing Spiritual mages as part of a Slayer assignment wanting to avoid being attacked by them, the main area contains Saradominist mages who are often engaged in combat with other monsters.
As with all other Armadylian monsters, the Armadyl variant can only be attacked with Ranged or Magic.
The Armadylian variant is not considered an Aviansie for the purposes of a Slayer assignment, even though when the player attempts to attack one with melee a message in the player's chatbox appears saying "The Aviansie is flying too high for you to attack using melee."
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air rune 30; 50 Common 150–250 Water rune 15; 30; 50 Common 75–250 Nature rune 18; 25 Common 3,600–5,000 Chaos rune 10; 15; 20; 25 Uncommon 1,000–2,500 Death rune 15 Uncommon 3,330 Astral rune 15 Uncommon 1,860 Law rune 15 Uncommon 3,105 Mist rune 20 Uncommon 1,240 Dust rune 15 Uncommon 45 Mud rune 20 Uncommon 5,180 Body rune 25; 35 Uncommon 125–175 Mind rune 50 Uncommon 200 Fire rune 50; 65 Uncommon 250–325 Blood rune 10 Uncommon 2,680
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Dragon boots 1 Rare (1/128) 463,172
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 90 (noted) Common 360 Antipoison(3) 5 (noted) Uncommon 1,055 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Ecumenical key 1 Uncommon (1/60) Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Rare 
162,934 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Rare 
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 18 October 2017. Mod Ash: "[can Spiritual Creatures be assigned as a task if Death Plateau hasn't been done?] No, they can't."
- ↑ Only dropped by those found in the Wilderness.
- ↑ Only dropped by those located in the Wilderness God Wars Dungeon. Drop rate decreases to 1/70 if one key is owned, and 1/80 if two are owned. If the medium or hard Wilderness Diary is completed the drop rate of 1/60 still applies until a player owns two or three keys, respectively.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn and fought in the Wilderness.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 9,094 Tooth half of key 1 Common 12,216 Chaos talisman 1 Common 532 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 642 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 806 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,459 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 941 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,500 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 4,956 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 805 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,060 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,391 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,400 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,315 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,990 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,580 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,945 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,632 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,800 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 12,016 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 2,785 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,195 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,204 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,097 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,631 Dragon spear 1 Rare 38,355
- Spiritual mages will use Magic against players, but will use a weak Ranged attack with a max hit of 1 when fighting other monsters. As a result, they often remain in combat until killed.
- Spiritual creatures are blocked by 113,241 players and was the most blocked slayer monster in 2017.