The Third Age, also known as The God Wars, is one of the five ages of Gielinor, between the Second and Fourth Age. The Third Age lasted four thousand years and officially began when Zamorak, now as a god, returned from his banishment and began a massive war. These God Wars would last throughout the entire Third Age, and their end was marked by the establishment of the Edicts of Guthix, which is also when the Third Age ended. The God Wars lead to millions of deaths, the destruction of dozens of major settlements and cities, the near complete eradication of all references to Zaros and extinction of several races. Several gods, such as Zamorak and Bandos also came to Gielinor during this age. The God Wars and concurring conflicts are by far the most notable events that happened during the Third Age, although others did occur. For example, the Void Knights were established during the Third Age and the dwarves founded Keldagrim (albeit as a result of them fleeing from the war).
- After the betrayal of Zaros, the other gods began near complete destruction of any trace of Zaros, including records, cities, worship, followers, etc.
- Creation of 3rd age equipment.
- Deaths of hundreds of millions on each side.
- Scarring of Gielinor.
- Extinction of virtually all Aviantese, Icyene, Centaurs, light creatures, wyrms, white dragons, orks, ourgs, fayrgs, and raurgs that resided on Gielinor.
- The dwarves established Keldagrim; the Menaphites, Sophanem and Menaphos; the armies of Saradomin, Saranthium.
- Azzanadra, a powerful high-ranking Zarosian Mahjarrat, is imprisoned in Jaldraocht Pyramid.
- Athanakos, another Zarosian Mahjarrat, is turned into a boneguard by his rival, the Mahjarrat Enakhra.
- Establishment of the Edicts of Guthix, banishing all the gods from Gielinor.
- Establishment of the Guardians of Guthix.