The Unholy book is a book held in place of a shield, and is the god book aligned with Zamorak. It is obtained from the Horror from the Deep quest. It can be filled with the 4 pages obtained from Treasure Trails, granting attack bonuses and the ability to preach lines from the book.
The Zamorak unholy book provides the best all-around attack bonuses of the original three.
If the player is not planning to use more than one combat style at a time, they are advised to purchase the law or darkness books, which are cheaper and give better attack bonuses for ranged and magic respectively.
Equipping an unholy book allows the player to preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites, costing 25% of the player's special attack energy. None of these have any effect on the game itself, and are simply recited lines of text.
Lost unholy books can be reclaimed by speaking to Jossik, complete with all pages that have been added, for no cost. Alternatively, for those who do not wish to travel to the lighthouse, Perdu will return them to players for 12,000 coins.
Filling the unholy book currently costs 1,651,714 coins when buying each page individually or 1,710,757 when buying the item set.
- Two great warriors, joined by hand, to spread destruction across the land. In Zamorak's name, now two are one.
- The weak deserve to die, so the strong may flourish. This is the creed of Zamorak.
- May your bloodthirst never be sated, and may all your battles be glorious. Zamorak bring you strength.
- There is no opinion that cannot be proven true...by crushing those who choose to disagree with it. Zamorak give me strength!
- Battles are not lost and won; They simply remove the weak from the equation. Zamorak give me strength!
- Those who fight, then run away, shame Zamorak with their cowardice. Zamorak give me strength!
- Battle is by those who choose to disagree with it. Zamorak give me strength!
- Strike fast, strike hard, strike true: The strength of Zamorak will be with you. Zamorak give me strength!