Welcome to our wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help.
- Questions? You can ask at the Help desk or on the discussion page associated with each article, or post a message on any editor's talk page.
- Need more help? The Community Portal has an outline of the site and links to pages to help you learn how to edit.
- Please sign in every time you edit, so that we can recognise an established user.
- Learn how to customise your userpage.
- Please read this policy page for file naming rules before uploading files.
RS3 image upload
While we do appreciate your attempt to improve the wiki, your upload of File:Dagannoth kings.png is of a subject that relates to RuneScape 3. This wiki is for the Old School RuneScape game; continuing to upload inappropriate files will be considered vandalism. The relevant wiki for RuneScape 3 servers may be found [[:runescape:|here]]. Thank you. Temujin 03:43, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- If you do not stop uploading images that are not relevant to Old School RuneScape you will be blocked. Temujin 03:45, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
+1 Thanks for making my work a bit easier :P03:25, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Please start adding licence templates to your uploads, ExpectRS. Temujin 04:58, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, those detailed images are of HD quality, which uses the live game graphics. I'd prefer if you didn't use them because it uses live game HD graphics. Most of what you can get would be from the RS website's Grand Exchange database. If you see an old file history that is pre-2008 you can use those. Just not the ones that are HD quality. Thanks -- SpineTalk 01:36, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
Add me in game
are placed at the bottom of the article, but right above the templates (if there are any present). Also would you like to have custodian/rollback rights? Custodian rights allow you to move file names to correct ones (and you must replace them with the correct name since file redirects aren't allowed), and rollback can undo edits in one click (handy for vandalism). Just ask me which and I'll click on the magic button. -- SpineTalk 02:21, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Achievement diary rewards
I recently went on a purge to remove all duplicated benefits from the diary rewards, like this and this. There's no reason to keep them there because you're telling the reader you get those benefits PLUS the benefits of the newest reward. It doesn't make sense and I didn't even see it being done like that on the main wiki. Mage Hybrid talk 01:19, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
- That's what the main diary page tries to do, and the individual reward pages are just for listing its own benefits. Mage Hybrid talk 01:47, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Except that it is now technically showing all benefits for the item, unless you're talking about for all 4 rewards. Mage Hybrid talk 02:22, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
Should I use just decoration or wall decoration for items in the decoration hotspot? Because in the right-click build they're just called decorations, but once on the wall they're called wall decorations. Construction Nerd (talk) 12:28, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Dave, thanks a bunch for your assistance on my Construction pages. I'll have a plethora more in the weeks to come, I hope you'll lend a hand on those when the time comes.
Hey ExpectRS, I'm wondering if you can explain how to add Construction Infoboxes to pages? I've tried using different Templates before, but can't manage to figure it out too well.
A few months ago, me and Mage Hybrid discussed about patrolling for vandalism. We simply checked for any edit made after the last edit we made. For example, if I were to check for vandalism in Special:RecentActivity, I'd check the edits that were made after Mage Hyrbid's last edit. I'd like to make a list of users in my head that are fairly active who would do the same.
In the future, when you are checking for vandalism, I'd like you to just check the edits after the edits of the following users: Me, You, Mage Hyrbid, Icejunito, and Metallicanrana. If you're confused just post on my talk page. -- SpineTalk 03:03, May 24, 2015 (UTC)
Wiki Family Photo
The Wiki Family Photo is your opportunity to get yourself within the RuneScape Wiki community as a whole, both RuneScape 3 and Old School RuneScape. You can upload your image to the Ty Wiki or upload it to imgur. Please try to have your photo sent in by March 1st.
How to send in your picture
- Take a screenshot in game with your character saying your name/a message
- Save the screenshot on paint or any other picture program
- Be sure to crop it or scale it to 200 x 300px. Note: If your image is not at this size, we will make it this size. If it doesn't come out okay, it may be excluded!
- Upload the file to the Ty Wiki or imgur
- Finally, post a link to your image here.
Hey, thanks for cropping some of the images that I've uploaded (as well as removing the background). Do you use a particular program for that, or know of a free one that could do the trick? Ajraddatz (Talk) 00:16, January 12, 2016 (UTC)
Leaving Wikia Notice
Hey there ExpectRS
As you're a valued member of this community, we are contacting you directly to know that we are leaving the Wikia network (just in case you didn't see the giant red bar on the homepage.) Please read Forum:Leaving Wikia for more information. We hope to see you there! -- 03:35, September 28, 2018 (UTC)