Venenatis is a large poison spider that resides east of the Bone Yard, and is the only monster to drop the treasonous ring. She uses multi-target Magic and long-ranged melee attacks. She is able to drain Prayer as well as perform a lethal stun attack that can hit up to 50 damage, and may combine it with another attack if the player does not have Protect from Magic active, which is capable of instantly killing the player. Unlike the other Wilderness bosses, Venenatis' lethal attack has a chance of failing.
Venenatis is immune to Magic damage, although spells with effects such as Vulnerability will still affect her.
Armour and weapons
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune pickaxe 1 Common 18,811 Diamond bolts (e) 100 Uncommon 32,700 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,953 Rune knife 60 Uncommon 16,620 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare (1/171) 5,740,183 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 132,635 Treasonous ring 1 Rare (1/512) 337,278
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 400 Common 39,200 Death rune 300 Common 66,000 Blood rune 200 Common 71,200 Uncut ruby 20 (noted) Common  29,260 Uncut diamond 10 (noted) Common  30,690 Supercompost 100 (noted) Uncommon 41,600 Unicorn horn 100 (noted) Uncommon 19,800 Red spiders' eggs 500 (noted) Uncommon (3/128) 35,500 Gold ore 300 (noted) Uncommon 107,700 Cannonball 250 Uncommon 40,500 Magic logs 100 (noted) Uncommon 107,700 Limpwurt root 25 (noted) Uncommon 24,400 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,796 Yew seed 1 Rare (1/128) 78,024 Magic seed 1 Rare (1/128) 128,156 Palm tree seed 1 Rare (1/128) 35,069 Grimy snapdragon 100 (noted) Rare (1/128) 778,000 Dark fishing bait 375 Rare (1/128) 1,125
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Dark crab 8 Common 10,752 Super restore(4) 3 Common 27,912 Antidote++(4) 10 (noted) Uncommon 4,370
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15,000–20,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 60 Uncommon (5/128) 498,240 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/27.5) 179,863 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,560 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Long bone 1 Rare (1/400) Not sold Venenatis spiderling 1 Very rare (1/2,000) Not sold Curved bone 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 20 uncut rubies are dropped along 10 uncut diamonds
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing Venenatis on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/27.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/50 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- She was a player-suggested boss, which was adopted into the game after a substantial amount of positive forum feedback.
- The term Venenatis comes from the Latin "Venēnātis", which means "Venomous" or "Poisoned".
- If Venenatis is attacked while she is in a single-way area, she will only take 1-8 damage from the player's attacks regardless of their weapon. This is because her habitat is surrounded by a single-way area, and all of the Wilderness bosses (excluding demi-bosses) reside in multi-way areas. Players can still deal full damage to her while standing in the single-way area if she remains in a multi-way area.
- On release, the tree stump found south-east of the trees in 24 Wilderness was one square south than what it is now. This was changed in an update in order to prevent players safespotting Venenatis behind the trees. However, it can still be done, albeit with a lot more effort.
- If Venenatis is lured south near single-way combat and attacks a player with her multi-target Magic attack, any nearby players in the single-way combat zone already in combat with another entity will also be hit. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
Wilderness bosses and rewards