The Venenatis spiderling is a pet dropped by Venenatis. It is a much smaller version of Venenatis.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Venenatis 464 1 Very rare (1/2,000)
- Player: It's a damn good thing I don't have arachnophobia.
- Venenatis spiderling: We're misunderstood. Without us in your house, you'd be infested with flies and other REAL nasties.
- Player: Thanks for that enlightening fact.
- Venenatis spiderling: Everybody gets one.
- This pet was originally polled along with the other boss pets in Content Poll #22. It gained 72.2% yes votes, 2.8% short of the passing threshold required. The introduction of the pet was re-polled in the Near Miss Poll, and passed by 90.3%.
- The dialogue is a reference to a cutaway in an episode of the animated sitcom Family Guy, in which Spider-Man saves Peter Griffin from a fatal fall, claiming that everybody who gets in a dangerous situation gets to be saved by Spider-Man once.
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •
Wilderness bosses and rewards