When a player receives the pet a message in the chatbox appears (You have a funny feeling like you're being stalked.) and it will automatically try to appear as their follower.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), a message in the chatbox appears (You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.) and it will be placed into their inventory. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a stalker or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins and will stalk you forever.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Venenatis 464 1 Very rare (1/2,000)
- Player: It's a damn good job I don't have arachnophobia.
- Venenatis spiderling: We're misunderstood. Without us in your house, you'd be infested with flies and other REAL nasties.
- Player: Thanks for that enlightening fact.
- Venenatis spiderling: Everybody gets one.
- Adam Sandler: Hows this for enlightenment? Watch Out! Here comes the black foot!
- This pet was originally polled along with the other boss pets in Content Poll #22. It gained 72.2% yes votes, 2.8% short of the passing threshold required. The introduction of the pet was re-polled in the Near Miss Poll, and passed by 90.3%.
- The dialogue is a reference to a cutaway in an episode of the animated sitcom Family Guy, in which Spider Man saves Peter Griffin from a fatal fall, claiming that everybody who gets in a dangerous situation gets to be saved by Spider-Man once.
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •
Wilderness bosses and rewards