Vet'ion (pronounced "VET-tee-un") is a skeletal champion that resides north of the Bone Yard and south of Lava Dragon Isle, and he is the only monster to drop the ring of the gods. Like other bosses in the Wilderness, he can also drop the dragon pickaxe.
Vet'ion has two forms: the (purple) regular form and the (orange) reborn form. After he is defeated in his first form, he will go to his second form. His stats or abilities do not change between forms. If he is not killed within five minutes in his second form, he will revert to his first form with the same hitpoints.
Vet'ion is highly resistant to any combat style other than crush, and as he is undead, he is susceptible to salve amulet and its enhanced version. He is immune to magic damage, but spells with effects such as Vulnerability still work on him.
Vet'ion primarily uses a melee that can target players up to three tiles away from him. He also frequently uses an unblockable but avoidable magical attack that launches three lightning bolts, one at the targeted player and two randomly somewhere nearby. Lastly, he sometimes uses an earthquake attack that can hit all players nearby for up to 45, which cannot be avoided or blocked.
When he reaches half health, he will summon two level 214 Skeleton Hellhounds to aid him. On the second form, they are level 281 Greater Skeleton Hellhounds instead. Similar to Vet'ion, they are weak to crush and Salve amulet, and they only attack with melee. The hellhounds must be killed as Vet'ion is immune to damage if they are alive.
Vet'ion will exclaim several quotes throughout the fight:
- "Kill, my pets!" (when summoning Skeleton Hellhounds)
- "Do it again!!" (when his first form is defeated)
- "Bahh! Go, Dogs!!" (when summoning Greater Skeleton Hellhounds)
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Big bones 1 Always 199
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune pickaxe 1 Common 18,843 Ancient staff 1 Uncommon (1/43) 69,251 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,945 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare (1/171) 5,930,709 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 133,084 Ring of the gods 1 Rare (1/512) 16,207,119
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 400 Uncommon 40,000 Death rune 300 Uncommon 66,600 Blood rune 200 Uncommon 53,600
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Limpwurt root 25 (noted) Common 22,450 Uncut ruby 20 (noted) Common  29,180 Uncut diamond 10 (noted) Common  27,850 Magic logs 100 (noted) Uncommon 115,100 Gold ore 300 (noted) Uncommon 106,200 Dragon bones 100 (noted) Uncommon 221,100 Uncut dragonstone 1 Uncommon 13,857 Oak plank 300 (noted) Uncommon 120,600 Mort myre fungus 200 (noted) Rare 90,000 Grimy ranarr weed 100 (noted) Rare (1/128) 755,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Palm tree seed 1 Rare 36,782 Yew seed 1 Rare 96,856 Magic seed 1 Rare (1/128) 155,521
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Dark crab 8 Common  11,344 Super restore(4) 3 Common  30,606 Sanfew serum(4) 10 (noted) Uncommon 211,790
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15,000–20,000 Common Not sold Ogre coffin key 10 (noted) Common 13,050 Supercompost 100 (noted) Uncommon 52,100 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/27.5) 162,934 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,080 Cannonball 250 Rare 43,750 Dark fishing bait 375 Rare 750 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Long bone 1 Rare (1/400) Not sold Vet'ion jr. 1 Very rare (1/2,000) Not sold Curved bone 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold Skeleton champion scroll 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing Vet'ion on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/27.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/50 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- On release, Vet'ion would use his magic attack more frequently. This was changed in an update on 8 February 2018.
- Vet'ion's model is an enlarged, re-coloured version of Ranalph Devere from the Legends' Quest.
- Vet'ion is an anagram of novite, because of his purple armour.
- Vet'ion's examine is a reference to Tolkien's The Return of the King.