Vorkath killed my dad. I hate his guts so much, I hope he dies.
Vorkath uses a variety of attacks, primarily range and mage attacks, as well as melee if standing next to him. He can also use three types of dragonfire: regular, venomous, and prayer-disabling kind. His dragonfire is stronger than other dragons' and requires more tiers of protection to block. The final common attack is a fireball he launches high in the air that must be dodged or it will deal substantial damage.
Occasionally (after six normal/dragonfire attacks), he will use one of two special attacks and alternate between them:
- Freezing the player in place and summoning a Zombified Spawn that will approach the player and explode violently if not killed, resulting in up to 60 damage
- Launching acid pools around the area and rapidly spitting fireballs at the player that must be dodged or they will deal high damage very quickly
Once Vorkath is killed, he will return to his original pose, and if Dragon Slayer II is completed, can be re-woken for another battle.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 24,416 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,404
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,288–55,932 Rune kiteshield 2–5 Common 64,098–160,245 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,364 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,332 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,251 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,206 Battlestaff 5–15 (noted) Uncommon 39,285–117,855 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 79,117
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 650–1,000 Common 48,750–75,000 Death rune 300–500 Uncommon 63,300–105,500 Wrath rune 30–100 Uncommon 12,240–40,800
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 25–32 (noted) Common 34,900–44,672 Blue dragonhide 20–30 (noted) Common 34,040–51,060 Red dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 33,480–55,800 Black dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 42,705–71,175
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 425–595 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,325–1,855 Ruby bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 2,375–3,325 Diamond bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 4,275–5,985 Amethyst bolt tips 25–30 Uncommon 5,975–7,170 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 1,435–5,740 Onyx bolt tips 5–30 Uncommon 40,290–241,740 Rune dart tip 75–109 Uncommon 92,325–134,179 Dragon dart tip 10–50 Uncommon 29,950–149,750 Dragon arrowtips 25–50 Uncommon 16,025–32,050
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 10–30 (noted) Common 9,910–29,730 Diamond 10–30 (noted) Common 18,550–55,650 Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 47,490–142,470 Grapes 250–301 (noted) Common 26,000–31,304 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 49,250 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,633–34,899 Dragon bolts (unf) 50–100 Uncommon 53,050–106,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1 Uncommon 3,257 Watermelon seed 15 Uncommon 1,440 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 70,060 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 72,431 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 55,110 Willow seed 1 Uncommon 1,806 Teak seed 1 Uncommon 45 Maple seed 1 Uncommon 29,822 Calquat tree seed 1 Uncommon 84 Mahogany seed 1 Rare 2,224 Palm tree seed 1 Rare 41,334 Yew seed 1 Rare 63,818 Magic seed 1 Rare 127,606 Spirit seed 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–81,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55 (noted) Common 33,800–74,360 Wrath talisman 1 Uncommon 1,155 Rare drop table 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–28 (noted) Uncommon 19,831–79,324 Vorkath's head 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 72,951 Vorki 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 4,582,790 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 29,196,825
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 9,878 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 9,809 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 431 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,332 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 17,487 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,790 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,448 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 685 Law rune 45 Very rare 6,750 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,495 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,520 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,500 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,633 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 5,800 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,283 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,049 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 58,999 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,857 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,516 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,432 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,679 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 735
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a tactic in order to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which means to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •