Vorkath killed my dad. I hate his guts so much, I hope he dies.
Vorkath uses a variety of attacks, primarily range and mage attacks, as well as melee if standing next to him. He can also use three types of dragonfire: regular, venomous, and prayer-disabling kind. His dragonfire is stronger than other dragons' and requires more tiers of protection to block. The final common attack is a fireball he launches high in the air that must be dodged or it will deal substantial damage.
Occasionally (after six normal/dragonfire attacks), he will use one of two special attacks and alternate between them:
- Freezing the player in place and summoning a Zombified Spawn that will approach the player and explode violently if not killed, resulting in up to 60 damage
- Launching acid pools around the area and rapidly spitting fireballs at the player that must be dodged or they will deal high damage very quickly
Once Vorkath is killed, he will return to his original pose, and if Dragon Slayer II is completed, can be re-woken for another battle.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 24,354 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,426
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,344–56,016 Rune kiteshield 2–5 Common 64,148–160,370 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,247 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,266 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,203 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,234 Battlestaff 5–15 (noted) Uncommon 39,465–118,395 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 87,048
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 650–1,000 Common 46,150–71,000 Death rune 300–500 Uncommon 66,600–111,000 Wrath rune 30–100 Uncommon 12,210–40,700
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 25–32 (noted) Common 34,175–43,744 Blue dragonhide 20–30 (noted) Common 34,260–51,390 Red dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 33,435–55,725 Black dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 42,630–71,050
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 450–630 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,375–1,925 Ruby bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 2,275–3,185 Diamond bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 4,350–6,090 Amethyst bolt tips 25–30 Uncommon 6,050–7,260 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 1,477–5,908 Onyx bolt tips 5–30 Uncommon 40,470–242,820 Rune dart tip 75–109 Uncommon 92,775–134,833 Dragon dart tip 10–50 Uncommon 31,840–159,200 Dragon arrowtips 25–50 Uncommon 16,000–32,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 10–30 (noted) Common 10,800–32,400 Diamond 10–30 (noted) Common 18,650–55,950 Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 47,490–142,470 Grapes 250–301 (noted) Common 26,250–31,605 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 48,500 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,755–35,265 Dragon bolts (unf) 50–100 Uncommon 53,050–106,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1 Uncommon 3,045 Watermelon seed 15 Uncommon 1,365 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 68,610 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 74,940 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 54,708 Willow seed 1 Uncommon 1,695 Teak seed 1 Uncommon 37 Maple seed 1 Uncommon 26,615 Calquat tree seed 1 Uncommon 64 Mahogany seed 1 Rare 2,410 Palm tree seed 1 Rare 42,643 Yew seed 1 Rare 61,255 Magic seed 1 Rare 121,078 Spirit seed 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–8,100,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55,555 (noted) Common 37,225–82,721,395 Wrath talisman 100,000 Uncommon 120,700,000 Rare drop table 1–3,500 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–4,207,369 (noted) Uncommon 19,649–11,810,084,783 Vorkath's head 73 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 35 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 75,774 Vorki 10 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 73 Very rare (1/5,000) 333,607,518 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 29,185,759
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 9,647 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 9,621 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 430 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,455 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 18,291 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,846 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,434 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 689 Law rune 45 Very rare 7,065 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,990 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,562 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,380 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,511 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,755 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 5,200 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,282 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,074 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 58,998 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,899 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,166 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 38,025 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,707 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 770
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a tactic in order to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which means to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •