Vorkath killed my dad. I hate his guts so much, I hope he dies.
Vorkath uses a variety of attacks, primarily range and mage attacks, as well as melee if standing next to him. He can also use three types of dragonfire: regular, venomous, and prayer-disabling kind. His dragonfire is stronger than other dragons' and requires more tiers of protection to block. The final common attack is a fireball he launches high in the air that must be dodged or it will deal substantial damage.
Occasionally (after six normal/dragonfire attacks), he will use one of two special attacks and alternate between them:
- Freezing the player in place and summoning a Zombified Spawn that will approach the player and explode violently if not killed, resulting in up to 60 damage
- Launching acid pools around the area and rapidly spitting fireballs at the player that must be dodged or they will deal high damage very quickly
Once Vorkath is killed, he will return to his original pose, and if Dragon Slayer II is completed, can be re-woken for another battle.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 23,766 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,634
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,356–56,034 Rune kiteshield 2–5 Common 64,178–160,445 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,327 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,340 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,291 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,302 Battlestaff 5–15 (noted) Uncommon 41,130–123,390 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 69,602
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 650–1,000 Common 61,750–95,000 Death rune 300–500 Uncommon 62,700–104,500 Wrath rune 30–100 Uncommon 12,570–41,900
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 25–32 (noted) Common 38,200–48,896 Blue dragonhide 20–30 (noted) Common 36,340–54,510 Red dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 35,085–58,475 Black dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 44,970–74,950
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 500–700 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,475–2,065 Ruby bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 2,375–3,325 Diamond bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 4,275–5,985 Amethyst bolt tips 25–30 Uncommon 5,475–6,570 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 2,051–8,204 Onyx bolt tips 5–30 Uncommon 41,135–246,810 Rune dart tip 75–109 Uncommon 93,000–135,160 Dragon dart tip 10–50 Uncommon 32,480–162,400 Dragon arrowtips 25–50 Uncommon 15,225–30,450
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 10–30 (noted) Common 11,020–33,060 Diamond 10–30 (noted) Common 19,070–57,210 Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 48,280–144,840 Grapes 250–301 (noted) Common 16,500–19,866 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 53,850 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,996–35,988 Dragon bolts (unf) 50–100 Uncommon 57,300–114,600
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1 Uncommon 3,934 Watermelon seed 15 Uncommon 1,245 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 47,621 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 63,463 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 60,318 Willow seed 1 Uncommon 4,136 Teak seed 1 Uncommon 88 Maple seed 1 Uncommon 33,234 Calquat tree seed 1 Uncommon 157 Mahogany seed 1 Rare 3,382 Palm tree seed 1 Rare 45,631 Yew seed 1 Rare 75,508 Magic seed 1 Rare 124,475 Spirit seed 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–8,100,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55,555 (noted) Common 31,375–69,721,525 Wrath talisman 100,000 Uncommon 87,300,000 Rare drop table 1–3,500 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–4,207,369 (noted) Uncommon 19,796–11,898,439,532 Vorkath's head 73 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 35 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 42,878 Vorki 10 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 73 Very rare (1/5,000) 385,830,623 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 27,571,890
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 10,270 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 10,883 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 475 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,458 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 15,812 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,852 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,483 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 733 Law rune 45 Very rare 8,550 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,405 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,444 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,300 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,500 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,996 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,700 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,328 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,089 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,201 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,980 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,483 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,390 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,678 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 860
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a tactic in order to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which means to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •