Vorkath is a boss encountered during the Dragon Slayer II quest. An undead blue dragon, Vorkath is guarding an abandoned Dragonkin fortress on Ungael, having been abandoned by his creator due to seeing him as a failure.
The quest variant of Vorkath is significantly weaker than his post-quest counterpart; however, both share the same attacks. After the quest, a stronger variant of Vorkath may be fought. Both the quest and post-quest fights take place in an instance; if the player dies battling Vorkath, they can pay 100,000 coins to Torfinn to reclaim their items. If players die elsewhere, these items will be lost. In addition to this, Torfinn's holding capabilities do not stack with others (e.g Zulrah, Grotesque Guardians), so if players have items being held by one of these fights and dies to Vorkath, the items there will be lost.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 27,082 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,570
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,338–56,007 Rune kiteshield 2–3 Common 64,186–96,279 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,155 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,327 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,199 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,188 Battlestaff 5–30 (noted) Rare 39,865–239,190 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 65,539
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 304–1,000 Common 19,456–64,000 Death rune 45–494 Uncommon 9,720–106,704 Wrath rune 31–200 Uncommon 14,632–94,400
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 14–32 (noted) Uncommon 20,006–45,728 Blue dragonhide 11–29 (noted) Uncommon 19,635–51,765 Red dragonhide 10–27 (noted) Uncommon 23,540–63,558 Black dragonhide 5–24 (noted) Uncommon 15,660–75,168
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 550–770 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,500–2,100 Ruby bolt tips 31 Uncommon 3,069 Diamond bolt tips 30 Uncommon 5,280 Amethyst bolt tips 27–30 Uncommon 6,534–7,260 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 1,330–5,320 Rune dart tip 86–97 Uncommon 106,296–119,892 Dragon dart tip 11–50 Uncommon 40,062–182,100 Dragon arrowtips 27–50 Uncommon 17,955–33,250 Onyx bolt tips 1–35 Uncommon 8,071–282,485
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 46,120–138,360 Grapes 78–301 (noted) Common 9,516–36,722 Diamond 4–30 (noted) Common 7,572–56,790 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 51,650 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,811–35,433 Adamantite ore 13–25 (noted) Uncommon 11,687–22,475 Adamantite bar 9–30 (noted) Uncommon 17,334–57,780 Dragon bolts (unf) 49–130 Uncommon 65,464–173,680
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1–2 Common 3,382–6,764 Watermelon seed 15 Common 1,290 Ranarr seed 1–2 Uncommon 54,251–108,502 Snapdragon seed 1–2 Uncommon 65,018–130,036 Torstol seed 1–2 Uncommon 62,133–124,266 Willow seed 1–2 Uncommon 2,861–5,722 Teak seed 1–2 Uncommon 76–152 Maple seed 1–2 Uncommon 32,158–64,316 Calquat tree seed 1–2 Uncommon 119–238 Magic seed 1–2 Rare 139,023–278,046 Spirit seed 1–2 Rare Not sold Mahogany seed 1–2 Rare 4,028–8,056 Palm tree seed 1–2 Rare 45,993–91,986 Yew seed 1–2 Rare 75,150–150,300
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–81,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55 (noted) Common 37,900–83,380 Wrath talisman 1 Uncommon 713 Rare drop table 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–28 (noted) Uncommon 20,636–82,544 Superior dragon bones 1–5 Uncommon 13,541–67,705 Vorkath's head 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 52,073 Vorki 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 5,583,696 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 30,783,934
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 9,767 Tooth half of key 1 Common 9,746 Chaos talisman 1 Common 554 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 468 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 741 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,370 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 813 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 2,688 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 880 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,260 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,423 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 17,554 Law rune 45 Uncommon 6,840 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,720 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,476 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,832 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,465 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 4,800 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,811 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 2,890 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,114 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,093 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,948 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,407 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,209
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a "moonwalking" trick to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which says to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •