Vorkath killed my dad. I hate his guts so much, I hope he dies.
Vorkath uses a variety of attacks, primarily range and mage attacks, as well as melee if standing next to him. He can also use three types of dragonfire: regular, venomous, and prayer-disabling kind. His dragonfire is stronger than other dragons' and requires more tiers of protection to block. The final common attack is a fireball he launches high in the air that must be dodged or it will deal substantial damage.
Occasionally (after six normal/dragonfire attacks), he will use one of two special attacks and alternate between them:
- Freezing the player in place and summoning a Zombified Spawn that will approach the player and explode violently if not killed, resulting in up to 60 damage
- Launching acid pools around the area and rapidly spitting fireballs at the player that must be dodged or they will deal high damage very quickly
Once Vorkath is killed, he will return to his original pose, and if Dragon Slayer II is completed, can be re-woken for another battle.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 24,012 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,602
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,422–56,133 Rune kiteshield 2–5 Common 64,220–160,550 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,331 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,350 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,383 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,309 Battlestaff 5–15 (noted) Uncommon 41,140–123,420 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 67,507
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 650–1,000 Common 60,450–93,000 Death rune 300–500 Uncommon 63,900–106,500 Wrath rune 30–100 Uncommon 12,630–42,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 25–32 (noted) Common 36,050–46,144 Blue dragonhide 20–30 (noted) Common 36,020–54,030 Red dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 34,905–58,175 Black dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 45,045–75,075
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 550–770 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,425–1,995 Ruby bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 2,400–3,360 Diamond bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 4,350–6,090 Amethyst bolt tips 25–30 Uncommon 5,675–6,810 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 2,002–8,008 Onyx bolt tips 5–30 Uncommon 41,545–249,270 Rune dart tip 75–109 Uncommon 93,075–135,269 Dragon dart tip 10–50 Uncommon 33,500–167,500 Dragon arrowtips 25–50 Uncommon 14,925–29,850
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 10–30 (noted) Common 10,860–32,580 Diamond 10–30 (noted) Common 19,370–58,110 Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 48,790–146,370 Grapes 250–301 (noted) Common 16,750–20,167 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 53,950 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,912–35,736 Dragon bolts (unf) 50–100 Uncommon 57,550–115,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1 Uncommon 3,760 Watermelon seed 15 Uncommon 1,305 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 47,899 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 60,933 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 60,225 Willow seed 1 Uncommon 4,114 Teak seed 1 Uncommon 89 Maple seed 1 Uncommon 33,051 Calquat tree seed 1 Uncommon 170 Mahogany seed 1 Rare 3,204 Palm tree seed 1 Rare 43,761 Yew seed 1 Rare 74,630 Magic seed 1 Rare 123,047 Spirit seed 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–81,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55 (noted) Common 30,525–67,155 Wrath talisman 1 Uncommon 925 Rare drop table 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–28 (noted) Uncommon 19,684–78,736 Vorkath's head 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 44,759 Vorki 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 5,315,386 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 27,571,890
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 10,434 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 10,959 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 470 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,444 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 16,013 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,882 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,498 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 736 Law rune 45 Very rare 8,280 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,585 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,444 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,280 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,548 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,912 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,200 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,330 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,110 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,143 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,995 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,610 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,400 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,689 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 835
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a tactic in order to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which means to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •